New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Insteon User
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  09:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Over the summer I purchased the Insteon Remote Control Wall Thermostat 2441TH for my York single stage gas HVAC with heating and cooling. It worked perfect all summer and early fall when the call for heat was short runs. As cold weather hit, the HVAC kept tripping the highlimit switch {York error code 11 flashes}. I had the installer of the HVAC out and they tested everything and replaced the limit and pressure switch and it still tripped. They removed the Insteon TStat and the system worked perfect. I returned the unit to SmartHome and they replaced it.
I just installed it and the HVAC limit switch trips every 20 minutes or so. Switched back to a standard non digital {cheap} thermostat and it works great. I had the Insteon wired:
Blue - Common
Red - 24
White - W1
Green - G
Yellow - Y1
I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to get this working!! Do I need to jumper W1 to W2?
Thanks

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  5:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm unable to find any York error codes that flash as much as 11 times. In fact, in addition to the number of flashes, the color matters also.

Your wiring appears correct, but did you verify the colors with the terminals on the original thermostat. On rare occasions the colors are not what you'd expect. Does the standard thermostat function with those colors connected to the stated terminals. If so, then the wiring is OK.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

Insteon User
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  5:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Stu. I got the error code straight from the install manual that was left with the York Model PCG4A240752X1 air conditioner / gas heat. On page 16 bis a chart that lists 11 red flashes as "Limit/ rollout switch open between 5 and 15 minutes". When I get that code, I need to kill power and manually reset the switch.
I did use the manual to make sure the wires in the unit line up with the wires at the insteon thermostat. The lugs in both thermostats are labeled the same and the unit works perfect with the original tstat. Connections are tight in the HVAC cabinet and to the lugs in the tstat. When I hook up the insteon and set it to heat, the purge fan kicks in, I get ignition, the circulator fan kicks in and then after about 20 minutes, the limit switch shuts down the heat and I just get the fan for about 5 minutes.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  6:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems that the Insteon thermostat is not compatible with you HVAC system, but I'm at a loss of why that should be.

My only suggestion is the try a Factory Reset. Be sure to wait until the long beep stops at the end.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page