Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevinmanuel
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  03:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI,

Anyone here have a problem with them. I have 2 sets of them in 2 identical 2x12 cabs and the first set started to give a buzzing noise when playing a bassier note. I thought I may have blown them cuz i dimed a Marshall through them, but now the second set I'm starting to notince it and I never played as nearly as that loud out of them yet. They are 200 watters each so i figured diming a Marshall would be alright, but now im thinking it's something else, but then again Joe cranks his amps out of them night after night so is it just me? I am pretty positive its the speakers cuz both of my amps do it on both dirty and clean channels - especially on the first set. I'm totally confused. Its a shame cuz I really like these speakers a lot, they are expensive and I haven't even had them that long. The amps I'm using are a Mesa Lonestar and Fuchs ODS, both are heads. Any help would be great.

Edited by - kevinmanuel on 04/02/2018 03:29:32 AM

BLH
Advanced Member

5705 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What manufacturer and model number of the speakers and amps?
Go to Top of Page

jamescobb
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2018 :  6:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jamescobb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect it might be a faulty cable somewhere in your line. Have you try checking it? Maybe swapping them to isolate can help a bit. Or try different guitar or different cab, etc...

Maybe, it might be just a faulty speaker or chain or cabinet that you got... a good isolation can help narrow down this issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page