New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Got2Have
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  8:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using a KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Button (2334-2) to control dimmable ceiling lights. I also have an ISY994i Pro.

I want to turn on the lights using the same intensity set when turned off. Since the intensity is variable I can't set an "On Level" for the light scene.

Is there a way to do this natively with the 2334-2 and 2774D devices or writing an ISY program and/or variables/states?

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10562 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  11:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would first have to set the device to remember the last on level. I don’t think you can do that with the ISY’ Administrative Console, but you ought to be able to do it manually. Turn the keypad load off using the main button, single-tap the Set button to enable the Resume Dim feature, then leave the keypad alone for 5 minutes.

After waiting the required 5 minutes, verify the setting by adjusting the dimmer level, tapping the Off button, then tapping the main On button to confirm it resumes at the same level.

After that, I imagine you would want to use an ISY program to send the device a direct ‘on’ command any time you wanted to use the Resume Dim setting, followed by direct command to turn Off. As you mentioned, sending the keypad any scene commands would override the Resume Dim setting and move the dimmer to the level defined in the scene instead.

For all things ISY-related, be sure to see the ISY forum here: http://forum.universal-devices.com

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10562 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  09:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strike that 3rd paragraph—turning on with a direct command would turn on to the level in the command, and turning on with a secondary switch would turn on to the scene dim level, so the Resume Dim would only apply if the switch was turned back on by taping the On paddle of the primary dimmer.

For everything else, you’d need to capture the dimmer level with a query when it was on and use programs to change the scenes to reflect an approximation of that level.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

Got2Have
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  09:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see now that this is a question that should be directed to the ISY forum. Perhaps a program to capture the dim level as the switch is turned off. Then use that value when switched on. If I could only see an example I could probably figure it out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page