Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Energy Saving Solutions
 Solar energy for our house. Where read more info?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crensemearapy
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  01:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Crensemearapy an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I need full kit of solar energy complect for my home, Where I can look at thechnical specifications and examples? We search on internet and not find this. :( Please if you have some documentation please post.

stusviews

USA
11451 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  3:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not a "one size fits all" situation A lot depends on your local regulations and current energy supplier.

Here's a start: http://www.solarenergy.com/

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

StevenJ1989
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  02:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Solar energy is expensive but worth it

Steven Moncayo
Go to Top of Page

arw01

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  6:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone done some recent partial systems? I would like to check into 800 or so watts with the panels and inventors. My normal "leakage" is 400 watts and a system at about 800 watts would have my empty house usage down to an effective zero.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11451 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  6:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The link I provided is down. Hare's another: http://www.eere.energy.gov/topics/solar.html

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

tomkent45
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  03:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit tomkent45's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This site is the best one to find a complete information

quote:
Originally posted by stusviews

This is not a "one size fits all" situation A lot depends on your local regulations and current energy supplier.

Here's a start: http://www.solarenergy.com/

AlertMe
Go to Top of Page

Jesse Chen
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jesse Chen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Now this is very good information that gets to the point, we want to set up a solar home system to get renewable solar energy, we must count on the different elements that compound solar kits: solar cells, a solar collector, a solar roof with solar panels, etc. This way we will build up our solar home or solar house with photovoltaic panels and solar heat.

Nice to meet you
Jesse Chen
Go to Top of Page

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
586 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  09:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a while our government subsidized home solar systems at 50% of the cost. To be selfreliant, I was looking at roughly $100k. It depends on many factors, but for me the payback time was too long even with the subsidy. I was planning on using fixed, as opposed to very expensive movable panels, which represents about 30% loss of the output. I was also concerned about the life expectancy of the converters and just couldn't make it a good business case at this point. Perhaps later.

GJN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page