Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Insteon to Somfy Bridge BETA Available (3rd party)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  4:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread is about an Insteon to Somfy RTS Bridge utilizing the Somfy Universal Interface II. It allows Insteon controllers to control Somfy RTS shading solutions with or without a hardware/software central controller. Please contact me for more information.

Edited by - paceyben on 06/02/2011 08:43:26 AM

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  3:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No interest? I guess we know why there is no official product.
Go to Top of Page

Jeffry Dwight
Average Member

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  6:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was intrigued by your post, but don't have any Somfy equipment. Perhaps you'd get more response if you wrote a post explaining what you created, how it works, etc.
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  12:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is some more information on the bridge: EDIT:contact me for more information

I don't really have an idea as to how many people do have Somfy installations but it seemed to have somewhat of a buzz around it on these forums and others.

If you do have a Somfy installation the good thing about this bridge is that it can be directly linked to a switch or remotelinc/keypadlinc button and that one switch/button will have full control over a shade(s). This cannot be done with the contact closure method without a central controller in between. Additionally, having 16 channels gives you complete control over any Somfy installation and plenty of room for expandability.

Edited by - paceyben on 07/29/2010 01:53:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

dss

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your device looks really interesting. In my situation since I have and ELK panel connected to my ISY I'd probably use the dry contact outputs through to the RTS interface. I have only one blind with Somfy RTS that I just control with a wall remote and handheld remote. It is in my theater so it acually stays drawn most of the time so automating it hasn't been a high priority. Most of the rest of my house have motorized plantation shutters (West Indies style decor) that only work by IR. Wish they were Somfy RTS but I haven't seen a motorized Somfy RTS shutter yet.
Go to Top of Page

bryane
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  8:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi paceyben,

Your product looks very promising. Just out of curiosity... why wasn’t 2-way support built in? Was there a hardware limitation?
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  6:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes 2-way support is a hardware limitation. The somfy device only supports one-way communication. This only is a conflict when a non-insteon device is used to control the shades.

Edited by - paceyben on 03/13/2009 6:27:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

reeluser
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  12:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paceyben,

Do you still offer your Somfy Insteon bridge for sale? I'm in a pretty dire need to get my Insteon system connected to 8 somfy blinds. I have an IR linc transmitter that is unreliable at best.

Cheers

Go to Top of Page

tmander
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  3:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also interested. (As a newly registered member, I'm restricted from email directly).

I know it's been a while, but is the Somfy Insteon Bridge still available?

It's the early stage of planning of a project that includes automating window control.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  05:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot e-mail you from your profile either. Please check to see if that is enabled.

Edited by - paceyben on 07/05/2010 11:41:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

tmander
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  12:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paceyben

I cannot e-mail you from your profile either. Please check to see if that is enabled.

Oops; missed that when I was setting it up -- fixed now. Apologies
Go to Top of Page

comet
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  11:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi paceyben!

I am very interested in your Insteon to Somfy Bridge for a motorized blind I have set up. Is there any chance you still have this available for sale? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  01:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sent you an e-mail.
Go to Top of Page

bgeoffreyburnham

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  1:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Ben,

Not sure if whatever you have "whipped up" will work for me but let me tell you what I am trying to do. I have a Sunsetter Motorized awning that comes with an RF handheld wireless remote control. When I became concerned that the awning might be damaged by wind when I wasn't home to bring it in, I contacted the manufacturer who referred me to a Somfy sensor switch. This control apparently remotely controls the RF motor and extends the awning when the sun comes out and retracts it when the sun goes down.. it also does the same if the wind picks up.. unfortunately, the sensor which has some sort of light detecting sensor as well as a wind speed indicator is far from perfect... and often will retract the awning in the middle of the afternoon when the sun is still bright.. sooo.. getting to my question. Would your device or whipped up program, allow me to extend and retract the awning remotely? I already have Indigo, the remote control program for Mac users of Insteon products if that helps.. thanks for any help you can provide...

Geoff
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes this would work with any Somfy RTS compatible motors but also requires the Somfy 1810872 Universal RTS interface. I have e-mailed you with more information. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

reeluser
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  09:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished installing this Somfy to Insteon bridge and it works perfectly. I have 8 Somfy RF blinds controlled via my Insteon hardware. In addition, the blinds can all be controlled with Indigo (and consequently any OSX computer or iphone) by using some simple apple scripts.

When controlling more than one blind, Insteon's own Somfy interface is impractical, bulky, and very expensive ($160x8). This custom bridge is truly an elegant solution.

Go to Top of Page

jasongin
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  1:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paceyben, I'm also interested in buying this bridge. Can you send me an email? Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

mitchemi
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  6:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also interested in buying this bridge. Can you send me an email.
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E-mail sent.

Edited by - paceyben on 10/20/2010 7:13:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

mitchemi
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  4:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for responding. I was wondering if you have any details on the bridge and I just want to make sure it will control each blind individually through Indigo? I am planning on installing up to 6 blinds and I want to make sure I can control individually/grouped through Indigo.

Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  4:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it can control up to 16 different groups of shades. I also responded directly to your e-mail. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2352 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  10:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please send me some information as well. You have just made my day!

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro
Go to Top of Page

downwithdlaw
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  3:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've seriously made my day too Paceyben, please send me more information as well.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  3:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Messages sent.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyt91
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  02:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm interested in you Insteon / Somfy Bridge for controlling my 8 RF blinds.

In fact, I don't have any INSTEON hardware (beacause living in Europe). I just want to find the most efficient way to control my Somfy RF blinds from a MAC + Indigo software.

Don't know if scripting can help me to directly use the Somfy 1810872 Universal RTS interface with Indigo Software.

Your solution could help me to use it through tha ability of Indigo to control Insteon hardware.

Need more information ;-)

BR,
Jim.
Go to Top of Page

bbuzzone
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  4:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add me as another persone interested in your solution, please send information on your bridge.

Thanks,
Buzz
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  5:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enable e-mail in your profile and I will. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

bbuzzone
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  06:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
paceyben - email enabled in profile. Thanks, Bob
Go to Top of Page

micallef
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  4:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also interested in the Somfy-Insteon bridge. Specifically, I have an ISY-99/IR, and I'm not sure of the best way to get it to talk to my Somfy shades. All my IR-based ideas seem kludgey.
Go to Top of Page

pete
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  7:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also interested in your Somfy-Insteon bridge. Please send me information.
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  7:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E-mails sent.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: