Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Insteon to Somfy Bridge BETA Available (3rd party)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

tracknut
Average Member

94 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  5:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paceyben, would you mind sending me the info as well. I'm very interested in a cheaper solution that the vendors are supplying.

Thanks
Dave

Edited by - tracknut on 03/10/2013 5:02:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  11:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have some in stock again.
Go to Top of Page

zambonisk
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  3:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in your bridge to control my somfy binds with my isy99i, can you please send me more info?
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  2:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be installing a Somfy double-drapery rod. I'd like to be able to open, close, and stop each drape (blackout, sheer) separately. I'd also like to be able to close a partially open drape without fully opening it first (i.e., reverse direction) or continue opening it (i.e., same direction) using Insteon.

Can that be done using the Somfy bridge?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2352 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  5:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone who owns one of these things post up what it all looks like and what you get. I have yet to hear one person reply back and post up their install and how they like it.

What is the cost again for this device?

Teken . . .

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2013 :  6:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PLM form factor. There is some feedback on pg 3 and in this thread: http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5055 E-mail for current pricing. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

rbishopice
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  2:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Ben please email info on bridge. Controlling Somfy blinds from ISY-99i
Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  8:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey paceyben, could you email me info on your insteon to somfy bridge. Recently got the somfy interface and rts shades, so now i want to interface them into my insteon network. Price would also be good, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  08:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@instaman - Email failed with error. Click icon above to send me an email with your valid address.
Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  11:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COOL, COOL & COOL!

Just received and tested my new SomfyBridge from Ben so this bears repeating,...

COOL, COOL, & COOL!

Setup was super easy. Response times for button presses, Dead On Point Exactly, "DOPE!"

Need I say more, "NOPE!"

Just contact Ben,...if you want to take your insteon system to the next level.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  11:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
instaman, suppose the drapes/shades are fully closed and you open them halfway. Can you then close them or do you need to fully open them to change direction?

Go to Top of Page

instaman
Average Member

149 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Stu,

When I said the button presses are "DOPE" it means, "that is a definite plus towards Bens programming skills."

A single click on the controlling button will move the direction one-way, and another click the other. There is a slight , and I mean slight time wait that you could just click the button a second time that will change the direction immediately before the shade/ drape would even start moving. But not too fast of a click that would execute a double click on the controlling button.

Of corse, one could always use more than one button for dedicated directions if that would make you feel more comfortable, one button for always ON/OPEN, and one for always OFF/CLOSE. This would eliminate the need of worrying about syncing multiple buttons amongst multiple keypads. Press and hold either would still execute a PRESET STOP POSITION, or a STOP if the shade/drape was in motion.
Sorry I took so long to get back to you.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  5:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response. I wasn't clear in what I was asking, in particular, I omitted part.

Suppose the drapes/shades are fully closed and you open them halfway. Can you then opt to close them or continue to open them, if desired?

Put another way, when partway open, I'd like to be able to choose to open or close them regardless of how they got to that position (e.g. an open button and a close button).

Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  5:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your question is more about how the motor & remote control operates. But in the case of somfy RTS compatible motors & drapes you can stop and reverse the motors at any point so yes.

The issue you are talking about would only occur on the cheaper add-a-motors that are only controlled by applying/removing power and do not have built-in RF receivers. These could not be used with the Somfy Bridge anyway.

Edited by - paceyben on 07/10/2013 5:37:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  6:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am asking specifically about Somfy RTS motors. We plan on using Decoflex switches, but I'd like Insteon control as well. That can be accomplished with the Somfy dry-contact interface (1810493) and three I/O Lincs per shade/drape. That also requires three controllers/buttons, open, stop, close.

The shade/drape can be opened to any point and, from that point, either be closed or opened further. I'm aware of the Somfy pre-set option, but want more flexibility.

Can that control be emulated using the Somfy Bridge?

Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  7:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the Somfy Bridge you can use KPLs and Switchlincs instead of Decoflex. Somfy RTS has 3 commands: open, closed, and stop/my. With the Somfy Bridge an Insteon on command is open, off is closed, and dim/bright is stop. So you can send all three commands using a Switchlinc, single KPL button, or separate non-toggle KPL buttons. The Somfy Bridge uses the 16 channel transmitter so a pile of I/O lincs & single transmitters is not necessary.

Please send email for more specific questions so we don't add potentially confusing information to the thread.

Edited by - paceyben on 07/10/2013 7:28:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

PatFL
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  10:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Just found this topic.. I am very interested... do you mind sending me the info?

Thank you!

Pat
Go to Top of Page

tonysony
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am interested in a somfy/insteon product also. thanks!

Go to Top of Page

oskarw
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  10:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi paceyben,

I'm in the process of planning to buy blinds with Somfy RTS motors and need to be able to control it from my ISY994. Please send me your bridge info and the price.
Go to Top of Page

weylinsing
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  06:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like an excellent solution!

Paceyben

Please send me information.

Thanks!

-w
Go to Top of Page

whistlepigger
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  11:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ben - could you please send me that info as well? Many thanks!

- b
Go to Top of Page

dduff617
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  1:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Send dduff617 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i have one set of somfy shades controlled using iolinc. i have ordered more somfy shades for two other rooms and am looking for a better alternative. can you please send me info on your interface?
Go to Top of Page

EricK
Advanced Member

684 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I think my dry contact interface and somfy bridge may be on the fritz, again. Does your product include the somfy remote portion. I actually only need one channel.
E

Devices (approx): ISY-994 Pro, 15 KPLs, 33 switchlincs, 4 outletlincs, 2 door sensors, 3 Lamp-lincs, 5 Appliance-lincs, i/o-lincs for ELK WSV2, Somfy bridge,and garage door sensor, Leak Sensors, 2 motion sensors, 4 access points, about 20 X10 devices.
Go to Top of Page

dcaseygibbs
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  08:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ben-
I'm interested in your controller unit as well. Please email me the details. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Sanchez1138
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  2:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some blinds with Somfy RTS motors and want to be able to control it from my ISY-994i. Can you please send me your bridge info and the price.
Go to Top of Page

porsche_kid
Average Member

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  4:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ben, can you also email me the info about your controller unit?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mattitsp
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  6:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ben,
Very interested in your controller,could you email me more information?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

benjgott

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  2:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit benjgott's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, is it possible to add somfy control to existing cellular shades, or do you need to have the shades made with a controller built in?
Go to Top of Page

paceyben
Advanced Member

413 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  7:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes It is possible to add Somfy wireless battery powered motors to existing shades. Enable e-mail in your profile if you would like more information.
Go to Top of Page

benjgott

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  7:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit benjgott's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, enabled.

More info would be great. Much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page