Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Intercoms & Phones
 monitoring sound in 2 rooms- what product to use?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidyal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  7:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 2 little kids and I'm not happy with the current Fisher-Price baby monitor we have in each room. Can someone reccommend a product I can use as an intercom (1 way ok) to monitor audio in 2 rooms? We also need to receivers.

stusviews

USA
11476 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  9:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good question, but little to go on. What is it about the monitors that you are not happy with? What about them do you like? What do you want the monitors to do?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page

davidyal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  06:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My current setup is using a Fisher-Price baby monitor that has one transmitter and 2 handheld receivers. Sound quality is good and it does the job well. True there is extra static at times, but for the money it works for me.

We recently had a second child, and now want to monitor 2 rooms. It doesn't appear that I can just add another Fisher Price transmitter to my current setup, so I am looking for a better solution.

Video is not a must, although I would consider it if those are the only systems that fit my needs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

David
Go to Top of Page

caseyADH

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  6:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit caseyADH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
panasonic ip camera

http://www.advanceddigitalhomes.com
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11476 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  9:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caseyADH

panasonic ip camera

Wow. That would require two panasonic ip cameras with sound (sound is the primary need of the OP) and two 'networked' monitors.

BTW, dividyal, noting the date of the original posting, a belated first birthday greeting to your youngest

Go to Top of Page

davidyal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  10:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed, thanks for the birthday wishes. Two IP cameras -especially Panasonics >$500 each- is out of budget. I've actually managed ok with a simple Fisher Price baby monitor, although some nights the static becomes really loud for no apparen reason. If I decide to upgrade, then I like the Chamberlain intercoms which seem easy enough to install and operate.
Go to Top of Page

caseyADH

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  5:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit caseyADH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i figured a simple panasonic ip camera under 150 and view them on your phone or pc

Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11476 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  6:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Novi makes an intercom, WC-4C that allows up to four stations, is relatively inexpensive, and allows continuous monitoring. No video, though.

A Panasonic IP camera w/audio is around $300 or more.

Go to Top of Page

caseyADH

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  6:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit caseyADH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh really? looks like you can get them for 125 new in box from amazon.. and other places im sure too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BBS7ZW/ref=asc_df_B001BBS7ZW1041123?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B001BBS7ZW

Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11476 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  7:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good find. Too bad the audio works w/Internet Explorer only, but good nonetheless

Go to Top of Page

samaustralia
Starting Member

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  09:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit samaustralia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazon is always good...

http://digitaldoorlocks.com.au/Products-Video_Intercom.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page