New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

jcbyte
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  6:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using the 1132cu successfully with the patch and windows 7 ultimate for months but for some reason today I no longer get any controls out of the unit. The green light stays on all the time and I have tried the reset with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated as it may be time to bury an old friend.

JC

JC

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  04:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The LED on mine is on all the time unless seeing a power line signal.
Does Smarthome Manager show it connected?

Edited by - BLH on 03/15/2010 05:14:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

jcbyte
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  06:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLH

The LED on mine is on all the time unless seeing a power line signal.
Does Smarthome Manager show it connected?

Yes it shows connected but I do not get any blinking of the green led when I try and send a signal or if I use a wireless controller and send a signal to device. The wireless remote works and I have checked a module where the 1132cu is plugged in and I can control the module so it is not the power connection.

JC

JC
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  07:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can control a module in the 1132CU pass through outlet and it doesn't seem to see power line signals [LED blinking on receiving]. It could be a power line signal problem. Is there anything new in the home?
Is the 1132CU connected to the same outlet as the computer or surge strip? Computer power supplies are known problem makers. I had to add a 10 Amp FilterLinc to my APC BX1000 UPS to help prevent signal problems.
Go to Top of Page

jcbyte
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  08:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLH

If you can control a module in the 1132CU pass through outlet and it doesn't seem to see power line signals [LED blinking on receiving]. It could be a power line signal problem. Is there anything new in the home?
Is the 1132CU connected to the same outlet as the computer or surge strip? Computer power supplies are known problem makers. I had to add a 10 Amp FilterLinc to my APC BX1000 UPS to help prevent signal problems.

No the only thing new is a new cordless dect 6 2 line phone. I took out the base and placed it in the bedroom and so I have a remote unit in the office.

I failed to mention that when I try to send a control of any kind from smart home manager advanced controller I see no response. As stated earlier I can plug a unit in the pass through as get a response from whatever controller I have thus it seems something is wrong with the 1132cu.

JC

JC
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I missed the fact that a module in the 1132CUs pass through can be controlled by a different controller.
It does sound like the 1132CU may have a problem.
Go to Top of Page

jcbyte
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  11:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLH

OK I missed the fact that a module in the 1132CUs pass through can be controlled by a different controller.
It does sound like the 1132CU may have a problem.

Any way to check it out? I tried the reset button but it did nothing but cause me to reload the profile.

JC

JC
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have any X10 test meters? You could see if it actually is sending anything.
Other than the reset. I don't know of much more that can be done by most.
The LED not flashing with a received signal is an indication there maybe a hardware problem.
Go to Top of Page

jcbyte
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  2:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLH

Do you have any X10 test meters? You could see if it actually is sending anything.
Other than the reset. I don't know of much more that can be done by most.
The LED not flashing with a received signal is an indication there maybe a hardware problem.

I would love to find another one of these. It works for me and I have the smart home manager software all set. Any suggestions?

JC

JC
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  3:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Smarthome still has them in stock.
http://www.smarthome.com/1132CU/PowerLinc-Controller-USB-Based-Home-Automation-Device/p.aspx

Maybe some EBay or Automation Vendors may also still have them.
I use mine for watching X10 messages on the power line during tests. As my system is now a Insteon X10 Mixture.
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  06:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit krgoodwin@comcast.net's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When mine cratered, I had the same indications green led on but no commands being sent from or being recognized (green led blinking) by the controller. I've looked at replacing the battery but doubt if that can be a problem if it is plugged into an AC outlet since the battery should be for backup purposes only.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  08:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an old thread but I found mine had failed today.
Still receives X10 commands from the power lines but will not control any modules.
My XTBM X10 signal meter. Shows High Noise or corrupt message when transmitting.
Examination shows the 470uF/50V capacitor has bulged out and maybe popping its rubber seal on the bottom.
I believe it is in the charge pump power supply for the transmitter circuit.
Spare 1132CU works fine.
Not sure if I will try a capacitor replacement.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5669 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2018 :  04:08:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Replaced all three capacitors and it is now partially functioning again.
Real Time Clock seem to not be advancing after setting.
I may have damaged a PC run or the lithium cell is too worn out. Though I thought it only kept thing going. If power was lost.
The 470uF/50V I picked was 12.5mm diameter. Original was 10mm. Was a tight squeeze to fir in.

Edited by - BLH on 02/18/2018 04:41:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page