Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Intercoms & Phones
 Intercom or PA Syste to speak to visiors remotely.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zacht

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  09:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Send zacht an AOL message  Click to see zacht's MSN Messenger address  Send zacht a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I plan to install a doorbell outside my apartment front door and connect it to a ISY-99I. I also plan to place a network camera right above the door. My plan is that when someone presses the doorbell it will send me a text message so that I can see the camera on my iPhone. Due to my disability I will also have a I/O Linc connected to a Sky Link Swing Door Opener with Electric Strike. If I am not home I will have the ability to use this to open the door for the person that I see in the camera. I am looking for something to place either right outside the door or in my apartment that I can use to tell the person to come in. It doesn't have to be two way, but it would be nice. Some sort of intercom or PA system. Any ideas?

Zach T.

av-install
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  09:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit av-install's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice idea... Would be interested to see how you do this and how it works.

AV Geek at large...
Home Cinema Squidoo - Home Cinema Hubpages
Home Cinema Profile - Home Cinema Resources
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
11447 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  11:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use a DoorBell Fon. It's a doorbell button/intercom that interfaces with the telephone line so we can communicate using any phone in the house. An electric strike and an outbound relay (DP-28NBF) allow us to buzz someone in by pressing the * on the phone.

A security camera is connected to a car backup monitor. An advantage of this type of monitor is that applying power turns the video on. No need to push a button or use a remote.

An inbound relay (DP-28CI) for the DoorBell Fon triggers an I/O Linc which provides a signal for an ApplianceLinc. The ApplianceLinc powers a 12v DC supply for the car backup monitor.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page