Basic Structured Wiring Panel Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fcpd
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  3:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit fcpd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have satellite tv (need 4 drops) coming in to my barn-to-house (B2H) conversion. I also have DSL coming in (Frontier) and must use their modem which has 4 drops. I would like to figure out how to use a panel to centralize the coax and DSL into one box. The box will contain my modem, switch and coax. I will need a MINIMUM of a single gang for power for the modem and switch. Would like a door for it as well.

Looking at the ELK SWB14; however, I don't understand how the modem/switch would mount in it. Is this a good box for what I want to do and if not what is. Also, how do I mount my stuff? Are there shelves you buy or what?

jspilon

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  6:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the Leviton Structured wiring enclosure and an optional mounting bracket for my switch, which you can buy separately. I like the Leviton products but they are sometime more expensive than others.
Go to Top of Page

jspilon

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  6:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the bracket...

http://www.smarthome.com/8651758/Leviton-47612-DBK-Data-Bracket-White-Plastic/p.aspx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page