New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trek4242
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,

I've been doing some research on HDTV distribution and was hoping someone in the forum has some experience that they can share. I would like to take 4 sources and distribute them to (1) local TV and (2) remote TVs. The remote TVs are less than 250 feet and I plan to run 2 lines of either cat5e or cat6 each from the local TV (where I'd like to install distribution hardware) to the remote TVs. For the DIYer I've only found two products that will do this.

Octava 4x4 HDMI Ethernet Matrix Router:
http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20Ethernet%20matrix%20switch%204x4.html

&

Aton HDR44 4 Source, 4 Zone HD Component Video Switch:
http://www.home-technology-store.com/structured-wiring/AT-HDR44.aspx#Review

Does anyone know of any other products that will do this or have knowledge/experience with the above? Also, will I be able to watch something different on all TVs or limited to watching the same thing on all 3? Thanks in advance for your help!

EricK
Advanced Member

581 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  3:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just installed a WD TV Live Hub and just told my wife that I would like to be able to stream the content to multiple TVs. It does look like the first one can only output a single source at a time. The second, no HDMI, looks like it can output multiple sources at the same time. If you buy one please post a detailed review.

Devices (approx): ISY-994 Pro, 12 KPLs, 27 switchlincs, 4 outletlincs, 2 door sensors, Lamp-linc, 4 Appliance-lincs, i/o-lincs for ELK WSV2, Somfy bridge,and garage door sensor, Leak Sensors, 4 access points, about 20 X10 devices.
Go to Top of Page

trek4242
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@EricK..my main concern is streaming content from each DVR to multiple TVs in the house. It doesn't look like WD TV live hub will do that. Am I correct, that it will only stream pictures, movies, etc that are already on the hub. With that being said, any way to get content from a DVR to the WD TV live hub?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page