New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigGrecian
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  10:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any recent experience with the new Cortexa controller?

- The information on their website isn't very good.
- There are no decent manuals or wiring diagrams.
- Does it still have a serial port for controlling Nuvo whole home audio etc?
- What kind of input/outputs are on the box for images - try googling but nothing.

Their graphite interface is good - but there is just so little on what the new box can and can't do out there.

DannyCortexa
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  09:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit DannyCortexa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd respond to get you some answers. For full disclosure, I do work for Cortexa.

The EZ-1 system is a brand new product that utilizes the Graphite Interface. We have made significant changes in the system. In doing so, we have created a stable very supportable platform going forward. The downside is that we are starting with new drivers, instead of using the old.

We have just released our brand new Insteon Driver. The new system also uses a brand new web portal called myCortexa.com that has additional features.

Other drivers will be added to the home controller in the future. Other drivers that we write will be available in the upcoming professional product. It will be feasible to upgrade some features of the home controller to the professional product, without having to purchase a new box.

We are currently updating the information on our website to show the new product, as well as developing quick start guides for each driver.

We will work with any insteon PLM, both serial and USB. We can also integrate through the USB only PLM.

The home controller has one Serial port and two USB's. There is also a VGA connector on the system.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Go to Top of Page

njspectrum
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2012 :  2:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BigGrecian,
I have to agree with you their web site has very little useful information on it. We were looking for a cost effective controller and it does look promising but before I commit to any new products we need to evaluate it further. Some of the biggest drawbacks are the lack of new information of the new unit, limited availability of the unit and the sole distribution of the product. We have been burned by other controller makers before and they are following in the same tracks of the others. Don't get me wrong I see good potential for Cortexa but they need to work on some of these issues first. I did talk with them and they communicate promptly but still left me hanging in limbo. Not a good feeling when you want to invest into something new.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page