INSTEON
 Switchlinc LED dimming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carealtor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  12:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit carealtor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having a hard time getting the LEDs on my Switchlincs all at the same dim level. Is this something that can be set via software like Houselinc?

greg roberts
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  12:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I controlled my led level from my houselinc software. Click on switch to be set on device side, then click properties tab on right side and at the bottom there is a backlight setting. Hope this answers your Question.

g
Go to Top of Page

carealtor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit carealtor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could an ISY conditionally control it? ie, at 10:30 pm dim to lowest level and then at 6:00 am brighten?
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
8606 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  1:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

carealtor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  8:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit carealtor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would the ISY be the only option for accompishing conditional control of a backlight? thanks

Edited by - carealtor on 01/04/2012 8:21:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

dstanley
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found that my 2476D SwitchLinc Dimmer v.37's will not respond to LED brightness commands from my ISY.

However, I have three 2476D SwitchLinc Dimmer W/Beeper v.38's and these LED's can be controlled by the ISY through commands.

Just a heads-up because it caused me some grief trying to figure out why my LED's didn't work the way I wanted them to.

I was told that there was no firmware upgrades that can be done either to 'fix' my six dimmers that won't change the LED brightness.

Dwight
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page