Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robert Walton
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I just installed the 59502 ir repeater, and it isn't controlling anything. The green light comes on when I send an ir signal from my Harmony 600, but nothing is turing on/off etc. Five devices are connected (HDTV, Bluray, AV reciever, Fios0 No troubleshooting or anything else exists in the instructions or web site. Any ideas, or do I need to return this item?
Thanks

hadiesper
Starting Member

United Arab Emirates
5 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  03:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit hadiesper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Assuming your harmony remote learnt all the codes correctly and can control your devices directly, then I would say the repeater has something wrong.

At least you can make sure an IR signal comes out by holding the camera of your phone (iphone for example) right on the IR transmitter, you should see it flashing in purple. Normally your eyes do not see this, but if you use a camera, the frequencies become visible. Its a cool way of verifying those invisible infrared signals.

HadiEsper
http://www.ShifraSmartHomes.com - My Smart Home
Go to Top of Page

RichCini
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  10:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit RichCini's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interestingly, I just installed this system today in a cabinet in my den and I was having the same problem. Looking with a regular digital camera confirmed that the emitters were working. It wasn't until I closed the doors on the cabinet did the repeater work properly. There was only natural light at the time but it must have been interfering in some way.

It works fine now so I might look into the darkness aspect in your installation.

Rich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2014 SmartLabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page