Pet Notification System
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

foxtail22
Average Member

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  1:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit foxtail22's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have two cats that love to go into the garage. Knowing when they were ready to come back in was always a problem. We decide to set a motion detector by the steps which is triggered when the pets come up to the door. The unit I am currently using was for driveway sensing, and came from Harbor Freight. It is a unit with a receiver for the inside of the house and provide a notifying beep when the detector is set off. An Insteon Wireless detector could also be used to set off a tone device located in the house.

This system works great. We also use sensors at out outside doors which let us know someone is at the door even before they press the doorbell. Outdoor detectors should be place in shaded areas to avoid false triggers from clouds blocking the sun briefly. They also need to be positioned so dryer vents are not in their path.

RodneyE
Starting Member

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  02:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too have a cat at home but she stays in most of the time.But motion sensors are really useful, it gives more security.Thanks for sharing that tip about placing the sensors.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy100
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  10:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathy100 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was a useful tip. My cat will never stay inside our home. It just loves to run around. This tip will be really helpful for me.
Go to Top of Page

dwayne
Starting Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  01:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cats or any pets do not always stay inside the home. They should be free to roam around and I always let them go around. Anyway the idea sounds good.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews

USA
15709 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  11:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe in freedom for pets, but not if they won't return. Our neighborhood has lots of roaming coyotes. If you allow your pet to roam, then say goodbye.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2017 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page