Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Energy Saving Solutions
 Detect Door open for AC shut off

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kapara Posted - 05/24/2019 : 5:37:36 PM
You see this in some new hotels. If the sliding door to a balcony is open the AC shuts off. I am looking for this for my office.

If my 10'x 12' office door is left open for 60 seconds I would like to have the electrical outlet where my AC unit is plugged into be shut off. The same could be applied to a heater or a combo unit I can plug into the electrical outlet.

Items that can be used. I currently have a security camera (Hikvision) which is right above the door and has an alarm sensor which I can attach but I am not familiar with any solution that could interface with that.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SeanM Posted - 05/28/2019 : 07:40:08 AM
I can tell you how to do this with Insteon...

You'll need the 2441Th thermostat, the 2843 door sensor, the 2663 outlet and an ISY-994i controller. (The controller is important for this)

After you have the thermostat replaced, the outlet installed, and the door sensor attached to your sliding door, add all three devices to the ISY and write a simple program:

If status of door sensor is ON

THEN WAIT 60 seconds
Turn Off outlet.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page