Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Energy Saving Solutions
 Freezer/Fridge temp regulation & EnergyStar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bnesbitt Posted - 02/26/2020 : 10:26:10 AM
The standard USA fridge design involves a single compressor, single temperature sensor and an adjustable flap that directs more or less cold air to the freezer section.

Thus if one or the other side of the fridge is open and drops in temperature, the other side is overcooled. I can see this on temperature graphs I've taken.

---

Some high end fridges have dual compressors or at least dual temperature regulation.

Is there a way to sort shop or find compact fridges with the same capability? I need a 10.1 cubic foot fridge. It has to be 10.1 cubic feet minimum due to a building code requirement, but ideally it's absolutely no bigger.

What I've found in that size category is only the cheapest most poorly built stuff that probably won't last.

The EPA Energystar website is no use in this regard, though they do have a list that focuses only on energy consumption (ignoring quality and reliability factors ).

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page