Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Intercoms & Phones
 Comelit HFX-700 replacement?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ur7x Posted - 09/15/2017 : 7:07:41 PM
I'm looking for some advice and options.

We just bought a new (to us) house that was built in the mid 90's
It had a door monitor system that over the years was replaced with a Comelit HFX-700 doorbell camera that was professionally installed.

This system is a disaster. It randomly rings when no one is at the door, and just as random, the system just turns itself off with no warning or notice; the doorbell button is still back lit like it is working.. And when you press it... nada. Reboot the thing and it is good for a day or two.

On Amazon these problems are well known and the advice there was to replace the factory 24VDC 0.8 Amp power supply with a 24VDC 2.5 Amp power supply. Tried that, the problems remain.

Two questions:
1) Is there anyway to get this system to actually work for more that a few days -OR-
2) Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement system. I don't really need a door bell since the original intercom doorbell is also at the front door and works. I would like to replace the Comelit doorbell unit with just a door camera/monitor. The Comelit system has just a unshielded 20 gauge twisted pair wires and pulling any new wire to the front door will not be easy or an option.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oliviagaallagher021 Posted - 10/30/2018 : 8:43:02 PM
I think there is a short circuit in your doorbell. Yes it is repairable but i think it will cost you as much as a new doorbell camera and also not everybody can repair it. I will recommend you 2GIG camera from Perfect Home Defense with free installation. You can look into details by clicking the link below or give a free call at 800553[ restricted ]
[restricted]/products/entry-products/doorbell-camera/

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page