Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Energy Saving Solutions
 Energy efficient windows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Momed1983 Posted - 10/27/2017 : 02:28:53 AM
Hey pals. We are planning to construct a house near Toronto. This is our dream home and we would like to have an energy efficient home. While researching, I came across an article which describes the benefits of energy efficient windows.
https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/3-financial-benefits-of-energy-efficient-windows/
It says energy efficient windows can keep our home cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Is it true? It would be very helpful if someone could share your experiences.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RoccoDay Posted - 04/25/2019 : 9:30:59 PM
So these windows probably don't require an air conditioning system.
mohitprasad Posted - 04/02/2019 : 02:09:29 AM
Yes, energy efficient windows can save a lot of energy.
gnhe Posted - 03/08/2019 : 10:26:59 AM
I also am from the Niagara area if you are looking for educational information take a look at with Great Northern Home Exteriors . The sales reps are highly informed and they will come to your home to quote without being pushy. They offer a bunch of high-efficiency glass and window options that will save you money with your heating bills.
smarthomephilosopher Posted - 11/21/2018 : 03:34:30 AM
This is very interesting, i would love some more info on this to create an article on my blog for https://smarthomephilosophy.com
MichaelCarter259 Posted - 11/01/2018 : 9:26:01 PM
Yes its true energy effiecient windows help in maintaining the room temperature normal.
liamsmith Posted - 02/24/2018 : 03:32:34 AM
Energy efficient window can save a lot of energy as well as lighting cost. Energy efficient Windows provide light, warmth, and ventilation to our homes. Using energy efficient window is worth.
affordablewindowsofaz12 Posted - 02/19/2018 : 8:54:43 PM
Yes, it is so true. Energy efficient windows can allow cool air into the house which keeps the rooms cool and breezy.
rozaa Posted - 11/29/2017 : 10:26:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Momed1983

Hey pals. We are planning to construct a house near Toronto. This is our dream home and we would like to have an energy efficient home. While researching, I came across an article which describes the benefits of energy efficient windows.
https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/3-financial-benefits-of-energy-efficient-windows/
It says energy efficient windows can keep our home cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Is it true? It would be very helpful if someone could share your experiences.

Yes, thats true
jetfulfilled Posted - 11/27/2017 : 11:40:00 PM
yes, energy efficient windows would make sense.
Anthony Johnson Posted - 11/14/2017 : 9:35:08 PM
Upgrading the home with the new energy efficient windows really help in making the home more energy efficient. This saves the energy and the money.
Geo Posted - 10/27/2017 : 10:41:53 AM
Having energy efficient windows is a must these days. I don't know if energy inefficient windows are even manufactured any more. Your link brings up a commercial which gives only general, impossible to argue statements. All they want is for you to buy their windows. Unfortunately, the devil is in the detail and without those details you're flying blind. Basically, you get what you pay for. While several different windows may have the same R value, their quality and life expectancy can differ significantly. Personally, I don't know how much or if there is any reasonable ROI. For me the value, ecological responsibility, comfort (fewer cold or hot spots in the house) and appearance are the decision makers.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page