Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Cable & Structured Wiring
 RCDs for a power panel

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jn.Moopls Posted - 10/31/2014 : 02:53:44 AM
We made the wiring in the apartment, and now plan to install a power panel. The question is: what home equipment should be equipped with an RCD (residual current device)? Washing machine, water heaters (kitchen and bathroom), stove and the oven? What power must RCD support? An RCD power must match the power of equipment?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Franecki Posted - 12/16/2020 : 01:06:08 AM
Residual current devices (RCDs) / ground fault circuit interrupters detect electrocution currents and cut power off immediately. They are now mandatory according to the IEC 60634 electrical safety standard on all circuits supplying:
• Power outlets
• Lighting
• All devices in bathrooms and wet areas
Jn.Moopls Posted - 11/05/2014 : 02:15:06 AM
Originally posted by stusviews

You may want to consult the building codes (or an electrical contractor) for the Netherlands.

Thanks. I ask not about the legal side of the problem. I just need to know the principle of choosing RCDs for a single-family flat equipped with standard devices listed in 1st message. I mean to install right RCD wityh a purpose not to have power loss problems when using some of home electronics.
stusviews Posted - 10/31/2014 : 10:32:56 AM
You may want to consult the building codes (or an electrical contractor) for the Netherlands.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07