Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Pet Care & Pest Control
 Pest control

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Finger Posted - 04/23/2007 : 1:57:06 PM
Has anyone tried the 6110 Critter Gitter to get rid of cats in the garden? Would appreciate a feed. Thanks.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LindaOlson Posted - 03/01/2021 : 04:54:08 AM
I agree that a big dog will scare everyone around
jack_summers Posted - 01/27/2021 : 9:59:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ronald2020

In my opinion, rats and mice are the most dangerous pest you can ever have in your house. They are known as the diseases carrier. They can transmit more than 35 diseases and put your family in danger. You can use a mouse killer poison to eradicate these rodents.

Oh please, at least you can do something about them.
The worst pest infestation we ever had started with a bug we brought accidentally after our voyage in India. I knew something was wrong about my wife's itch, but we both decided it was her food allergy.
Well, it wasn't
The rest is history, there are many sources dedicated to bugs,

As for the cats, I'd twice that lemon and orange peels works like charm. Even domesticated ones can't stand this smell.
Another piece of advice - you can buy a sprinkler that turns on automatically when it detects motion.

ronald2020 Posted - 07/28/2020 : 05:32:53 AM
In my opinion, rats and mice are the most dangerous pest you can ever have in your house. They are known as the diseases carrier. They can transmit more than 35 diseases and put your family in danger. You can use a mouse killer poison to eradicate these rodents.
talkbusiness360 Posted - 06/06/2019 : 07:28:26 AM
Try spraying your garden with equal parts water and vinegar or sprinkling coffee grounds everywhere since the smell of vinegar or coffee will deter cats. Even just spreading some citrus peels around your garden can help keep cats away because of the smell.
SunFlowerSaved Posted - 03/31/2019 : 11:40:01 PM
Cats steer clear of strong citrus scents. To ward off unwelcome fur balls, throw peels directly on the garden.
jorge712 Posted - 01/29/2019 : 08:52:57 AM
Cats are not a large pest manipulate trouble but I am continually worried approximately bugs and small mites. Cats are very sensible animals. handiest scared to even loud sound, they will run away.
dan1el Posted - 09/13/2018 : 8:20:53 PM
Do you have water sprinklers in you garden? It worked for me :D
As other option, you can call a nearby shelter or animal control agency and tell them about your issue. Read about trap-neuter-return program: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/feral_cats/qa/feral_cat_FAQs.html
MarkRothstein Posted - 03/29/2018 : 06:56:54 AM
I had no luck, my wife says they are new hybrid breed of cats lol
daviddavis Posted - 07/12/2017 : 05:45:55 AM
Hi there, I agree that open dustbin attract cats.
The_One Posted - 04/26/2017 : 01:18:01 AM
I read somewhere (but never tried it) that moth balls and chili powder keep cats away. I keep thinking I'm going to try it for all the feral cats in the neighborhood that the sweet little ol' lady across the street is feeding. :banghead: They think our flower bed is a litter box!
coolfinancer Posted - 03/17/2017 : 12:15:26 AM
This is the first time that I've heard about "6110 Critter Gitter". Well, if this is an animal repeller flashing device with alarm then this could be helpful. I'm not fond of cats too and so with rats. But, I only drive away cats from our vicinity because I easily get annoyed with their poops.
dwayne Posted - 02/28/2017 : 12:59:51 AM
Don't keep any garbage bins open and it may attract cats into the garden. The left out particles of your pet may attract other animals too..
knuckleheadreflect Posted - 11/17/2016 : 6:51:06 PM
Be careful poisoning rats lest the cats eat them.
Lopez Posted - 10/27/2016 : 10:45:12 PM
I haven't tried any repellents yet, but I'll use it if it's good. Cats have been a headache for sometime now.
stusviews Posted - 10/23/2016 : 9:43:14 PM
Or don't care. That sound may be a song to the salivating predator.
Delibird Posted - 10/23/2016 : 8:41:12 PM
When you think of all the "startling audible high pitched sounds" that animals can make as they are being killed, I would think predators can pretty much tune all of that out when they are hungry enough.
Fluffy Skittles Posted - 10/14/2016 : 03:21:26 AM
heheheh :)
stusviews Posted - 10/13/2016 : 12:47:44 PM
Yes, they'll run away, only to return another day.
Fluffy Skittles Posted - 10/13/2016 : 11:51:36 AM
Cats are very intelligent animals. Instead of buying pest controls and spending money- Why not shout on them? Surely, they will go. LOL
JackJames Posted - 09/10/2016 : 02:20:53 AM
Squirrels may also enter your home through attics and crawl spaces if there are no barriers to prevent them from getting in. Such animals may have mites, fleas and other pests, which may infest your home. It is important that the company you hire must have adequate experience in the field of pest control. With experience comes the knowledge and expertise to deal with a problem better and to ensure a flawless accomplishment of the job.
stusviews Posted - 08/15/2016 : 10:30:17 PM
My cat's are not pests, but one neighbor's cat is

Our problem is squirrels. I don't mind if they eat them, we have plenty. But they like to sample a bunch until they find the one they like

At least the birds are more picky with the figs. Only a few get pecked before a decision is made. And when they find one they like, they leave only the outside
Tonia Bond Posted - 08/15/2016 : 10:02:43 PM
Open trash or remainings of your pet's food may invite cats into your garden. So always close the trash and clean up the food remainings. Installing a motion activated sprinkler is one of the best way to prevent the entry of cats into your garden. Cats doesn't like getting wet, so cats may be discouraged to enter the garden. You can also spray citrus scented fragrance around your garden in order to get rid of cats.
JackJames Posted - 07/23/2016 : 12:39:50 AM
Pests are attracted to shelter, food and water. Homeowners should promptly clean up all water and food spills, seal any cracks and crevices around doors, windows and pipes and install weather stripping around and under all doors, including garage doors. Pesky pests draw an exasperated sigh out of people. Almost all of us have experienced problems because of termites, cockroaches and other annoying pests. The best way to get rid of them is through a pest control service.
IvonetteMadison Posted - 12/14/2015 : 11:57:24 PM
Subscribing. Pest control is really a lot of work to do.
advancedipm Posted - 04/30/2014 : 11:09:22 PM
I think we are answering for this 2nd time. Wondering was that to this forum or somewhere else. No problem we are ready to help always.

Here's the link where you may get few customer reviews about the 6110 critter gitter: https://www.smarthome.com/asp/ReviewRead/ReviewRead.asp?itemnumber=6110

I hope this will help.

If still have questions visit: advancedipm
stusviews Posted - 04/10/2014 : 2:10:22 PM
If you poison the rats and the cats eat the rats, then you'll poison the cats.
nelsonpitter Posted - 04/10/2014 : 01:16:23 AM
Cat enters in our garden to eat rats and insects. So I will suggest you to do pest control in your garden, as pest control kills all insects and rats. If there will be no rats and insects in our garden, automatically cat will not enter into your garden.
stusviews Posted - 03/27/2013 : 12:19:14 PM
Indoors or out?

Edit: Did you miss my question when you edited yours?
jamesclarke160 Posted - 03/27/2013 : 04:49:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JohnNapoli

Yeah pest control is the Best option,as without getting any trouble to the home owner and the animal pest control brisbane you get relief from the animal,calling pest control gold coast exterminator is good choice to keep your family safe from pest.

Cats is not a big pest control issue but I am always worried about bugs and small mites. How can we control them
JohnNapoli Posted - 02/21/2013 : 02:37:07 AM
Yeah pest control is the Best option,as without getting any trouble to the home owner and the animal you get relief from the animal,calling pest control exterminator is good choice to keep your family safe from pest.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page