Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Insteon to Somfy Bridge BETA Available (3rd party)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paceyben Posted - 01/09/2009 : 4:53:10 PM
This thread is about an Insteon to Somfy RTS Bridge utilizing the Somfy Universal Interface II. It allows Insteon controllers to control Somfy RTS shading solutions with or without a hardware/software central controller. Please contact me for more information.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
treknvw Posted - 08/12/2021 : 11:20:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by silverton38

This is the unit that I am referring to.

https://www.somfysystems.com/en-us/discover-somfy/power-technology/z-wave

Thanks, Silverton. That is certainly the more elegant solution!
silverton38 Posted - 08/12/2021 : 10:09:13 AM
This is the unit that I am referring to.

https://www.somfysystems.com/en-us/discover-somfy/power-technology/z-wave
silverton38 Posted - 08/12/2021 : 10:08:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by treknvw

I looked at that solution but found a cheaper way of doing it. I bought the Zooz ZEN16 multi-relay switch and integrated it with ISY. It works like a charm.
quote:

I control my Somfy controls with an ISY and a Somfy Zwave interface.

The wiring would be insane if you are trying to control an entire home. My solution requires no wiring and is extremely reliable.
treknvw Posted - 08/10/2021 : 07:53:41 AM
I looked at that solution but found a cheaper way of doing it. I bought the Zooz ZEN16 multi-relay switch and integrated it with ISY. It works like a charm.
quote:

treknvw Posted - 08/10/2021 : 07:49:20 AM
Thanks for the info. ISY acquired, programmed and working like a charm. ISY rules!
quote:
Originally posted by BLH

If you want to research the ISY994i line of controllers.
You can start looking at their main site. https://www.universal-devices.com/

silverton38 Posted - 07/30/2021 : 11:56:50 AM
BLH Posted - 05/20/2021 : 03:30:10 AM
If you want to research the ISY994i line of controllers.
You can start looking at their main site. https://www.universal-devices.com/
treknvw Posted - 05/19/2021 : 12:29:55 PM
Excellent suggestion. Which ISY and supplier do you recommend? Thank you!
quote:
Originally posted by wdean

I threw away the Insteon hub long ago. The ISY is so much better. So much more control and now with the addition of the Polisy, there are so many more things that can be controlled. The ZRTSII, of course, with z-wave connects directly through ISY.

wdean Posted - 05/19/2021 : 12:00:38 PM
I threw away the Insteon hub long ago. The ISY is so much better. So much more control and now with the addition of the Polisy, there are so many more things that can be controlled. The ZRTSII, of course, with z-wave connects directly through ISY.
treknvw Posted - 05/19/2021 : 11:31:41 AM
Not a problem. Thanks anyway. An Insteon Hub is in use so unfortunately, the Z-Wave interface will not work. :-(
quote:
Originally posted by wdean

I am so sorry, but I no longer have it. I did go with the ZRTSII for z-wave and have been very pleased with its operation.

wdean Posted - 05/19/2021 : 11:27:42 AM
I am so sorry, but I no longer have it. I did go with the ZRTSII for z-wave and have been very pleased with its operation.
treknvw Posted - 05/19/2021 : 09:49:25 AM
I tried emailing you but it looks like you have email disabled. Please email me with information if the bridge is still available. Thanks!!!
treknvw Posted - 05/19/2021 : 08:59:44 AM
I'm very interested in your Somfy bridge solution. Could you please send me information? Thanks!!!
wdean Posted - 10/26/2020 : 10:22:43 AM
I too have one. My URTSII died and I decided to go with Z-wave instead. I have the instructions, but not the original box. Make me an offer if you're interested.
ryanq71 Posted - 10/26/2020 : 09:34:08 AM
If paceyben is still out of stock, I have one available for sale that I purchased from Ben in 2013 and used until 2016 when we moved. It has instructions and has been stored in its original box.

Please email me if interested.

*If this message is inappropriate please let me know and I will remove. I thought it might be helpful as these are hard to find and it was a great solution for me. Thanks!
mdplace Posted - 02/25/2019 : 5:52:08 PM
Paceyben, I too am interested in your somfy-insteon bridge. I have 4 sets of blinds now with 2 more in the future. I use the somfy 4 led remote now, but would like to connect it to my insteon hub for better usage. Would you please send set up info & cost info to my email. Thanks much.
healeydriver Posted - 02/14/2019 : 08:37:15 AM
Paceyben, I am interested in your Somfy-Insteon bridge. Please send me information....Thanks
92Domer Posted - 05/05/2018 : 03:29:11 AM
Paceyben. Sounds like you had a great fix there. I just installed 7 somfy blinds and could use one if there are any still available. Thanks in advance!
jamescobb Posted - 04/05/2018 : 06:41:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by alexbaez9410

can you send me more info on somfy rts bridge

The z-wave bridge also called ZRTSI is a controller that actually receives transmission signals very particular to the Z-Wave spectrum.
Upon receiving this signal, it converts them into meaningful control commands so that your Somfy's wireless motors can operate accordingly.
It is also like a repeater within your mesh network.

This ZRTSI contains 1 base node plus 16 virtual nodes which are actually 16 radio technology Somfy (RTS) channel list.
alexbaez9410 Posted - 04/04/2018 : 3:16:45 PM
can you send me more info on somfy rts bridge
paceyben Posted - 07/17/2017 : 02:14:04 AM
If you really want one, I can still get you one.
stusviews Posted - 07/16/2017 : 8:32:45 PM
Seems like you answered your own question:
quote:
Originally posted by bretta

the original hardware is now discontinued?

bretta Posted - 07/16/2017 : 8:07:47 PM
Sounds to me like this was a viable product. Has anyone come up with a replacement? Paceyben, why can it not be duplicated with different hardware, as the original hardware is now discontinued?
Never having seen one, I'm left wondering why it no longer exists.
Automated Posted - 05/23/2017 : 12:57:07 PM

I'm very interested in your Insteon to Somfy RTS Bridge utilizing the Somfy Universal Interface II. Please email me when you get the chance. Thanks so much
Scott
griffingrowl Posted - 02/26/2017 : 7:07:18 PM
Hi paceyben

Please can you get in touch regarding your Insteon-Somfy bridge. Thank you

gg
doug_nyc Posted - 04/11/2016 : 4:56:11 PM
Paceyben,
Do you have any more of the Bridges left? If so, I would love to get one. Please email me about availability.
proulx Posted - 03/12/2016 : 07:22:33 AM
This is a perfect solution! If you still have them available please email me. Thank you for your consideration.
aprmiami Posted - 01/25/2016 : 11:12:46 AM
Hi Paceyben, I am in the middle of finishing my first (of a few more to come) RTS installation with the bulky Somfy Dry Contact and the I/O link .... as you know w 1 I/O link only Up and Down no halfway Stop.
Is that addressed with your Bridge?
Would I still be able to control via Inteon Dimmer or Switchlinc and the mobilinc app on Android?
Thanks
paceyben Posted - 12/22/2015 : 1:42:01 PM
Availability is very limited but still possible.
stusviews Posted - 12/22/2015 : 1:29:24 PM
There are no more bridges. See paceyben's reply on 4/21/2015 : 4:44:29 PM

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page