|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 06/06/2014 : 10:57:59 AM
I am having difficulty finding anything close to what I need and would appreciate any help or suggestions.
I have a house 300ft away from the gates and also a cottage on the side. I’d like to have:
- Keychain radio control for the gates so we can open them from, say 150-300 feet on approach to the gates from the outside
- Automatic opening of the gates when approached from the inside (photo-barrier).
- Keypad code gate access
- Intercom or video-intercom between the gates, cottage, and 4 stations in the house. Gate station calls all other stations simultaneously, the other stations can dial a particular station or all do broadcast.
- 16 channel CCTV (PTZ and fixed) with ability to view from the Internet via browser and mobile apps.
Integration with a security (burglar/fire monitoring) system is a plus but not required.
Is it something you can help me with?
|7 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 07/01/2014 : 2:03:08 PM
In order to operate the gate from a remote, you'll need a LiftMaster Door or Gate Access System or a LiftMaster Security+ receiver.
You also need to run telco wiring in and out plus low voltage wiring.
It is a nice looking device
||Posted - 07/01/2014 : 12:26:58 PM
I found this unit, looks like it can satisfy all my requirements. Any comments much appreciated.
||Posted - 06/16/2014 : 11:15:28 AM
Which GTO gate operator you get depends on the construction of the gate (e.g., weight, single or double, in on out, etc.).
All DoorBell Fon units use the same electronics. The difference is mainly in the choice of door station finish: DoorBell Fon products
I use an 8-channel Swann DVR and you require 16-channels, so the model number wont help. 16-channel Swann models
Elk security products
||Posted - 06/16/2014 : 08:54:17 AM
Thanks for the very helpful info! Even though I am a technical guy the info on manufacturer's websites is very confusing, you kind of always not quite sure if the things would do what you need them to do.
Do you mind posting a complete list of the items in your system, preferably with model numbers?
Any help is much appreciated!
||Posted - 06/06/2014 : 2:56:38 PM
Originally posted by stusviews
A GTO keypad is installed on both sides of the gate.
You may program up to 25 different four digit personal entry codes.
||Posted - 06/06/2014 : 1:49:25 PM
Thanks a bunch! What about a keypad code? I'd like to be able to give people a 4-digit code to enter the property when nobody's there. Can this be added to the system you mentioned?
||Posted - 06/06/2014 : 12:44:51 PM
My requirements are more modest, but mirror your needs. So, here's what I use:
1. GTO gate opener controlled by an Insteon I/O Linc and a Genie universal receiver. That allows operating the gate using any Insteon wired or battery powered controller, a Genie or GTO remote or Homelink (auto accessory). I also have a buried sensor that opens the gate as it's driven over. A GTO keypad is installed on both sides of the gate. A GTO intercom/keypad is available, but
2. I use a DoorBell Fon as pressing the button allows me to answer from any land line phone in the house and also to, optionally, buzz someone in. The DoorBell Fon is limited to two stations/gates.
3. A Swann 8 channel CCTV DVR that's viewable via IE and/or a smartphone.
4. An app that allows control of any Insteon device including operating both the driveway and walkway gates.
Elk seems to be the security system of choice among Insteon users.