Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Smartenit Sprinkler and Hub

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clarkes71 Posted - 07/03/2013 : 10:48:42 AM
Anyone know how to get each zone working (Smartenit INSTEON 8-Zone Sprinkler Controller) using the Insteon Hub?

You can send custom commands using the SmartLinc, but doesn't appear that you can do the same with the Hub?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cruizea5 Posted - 10/05/2020 : 10:47:42 AM
I've avoided using the smartenit utility to read/write the links, hoping I could do it through HouseLinc (via the PLM in the Hub). [url=https://get-mxplayer.in][/url]
only9balls Posted - 09/26/2020 : 5:34:08 PM
Am I correct in assuming that this issue hasn't been resolved yet, and I can't use an EZFlora with my Insteon Hub? It loads as a device, but only shows one On/Off control which does nothing.

Thanks,
Dave
marcmackey Posted - 06/14/2015 : 3:09:55 PM
quote:
The relay contacts can handle up to 5A @ 30V, AC or DC.

Thanks, you're right I ended up reading the manual today, lo and behold it's designed for that. When I first read the marketing material I thought it was intended for low voltage DC control, but I guess it's designed as a simple relay. I ordered them today, so let's see how they work as a EZFlora substitute.
stusviews Posted - 06/14/2015 : 12:52:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by marcmackey
The I/O linc is for low voltage control, this guy doesn't specify if his irrigation control is 24V or actually powered by 5V DC like the recommended use of IO Linc. If I/O Linc is just operating as a switch, maybe with a 24V AC input it would work just fine. With a lot of zones, it's impractical (expensive), but I just have a few and I'd gladly spend the $100 premium to not spend a week fiddling with hacks.

There is a 5VDC, 10 mA supply built into the I/O Linc. I use that to power a piezoelectric buzzer. You don't need that.

The relay contacts can handle up to 5A @ 30V, AC or DC.
marcmackey Posted - 06/14/2015 : 08:24:28 AM
quote:
As time goes by, and this does not get done, I get more frustrated with SmartHome, more likely to question my loyalty to their home automation solution and products.

I have been debating taking the plunge on EZFlora since my Irritol timer died and I have about 25 Insteon devices setup. I feel like I've already wasted too much time on this topic just by reading the thread, let alone if I actually had to futz around like you did. I need to get my timer replaced quick, right now I have it wired with a manual switch and the wife will start to complain if I leave it like that too long.

Do you currently have the EZFlora working outside the hub with another app? I've also been looking at this page, wondering if using I/O linc, which is supported by the Hub, would work:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Upgrade-Your-Sprinklers-with-INSTEON-Automation/?ALLSTEPS

The I/O linc is for low voltage control, this guy doesn't specify if his irrigation control is 24V or actually powered by 5V DC like the recommended use of IO Linc. If I/O Linc is just operating as a switch, maybe with a 24V AC input it would work just fine. With a lot of zones, it's impractical (expensive), but I just have a few and I'd gladly spend the $100 premium to not spend a week fiddling with hacks.

JWillis Posted - 05/28/2015 : 1:06:18 PM
budgy10, Thank you for the response. I have over 40 Insteon devices set up to work with HUB, with various timers, scenes, cross-links, et al. The time and effort to get to the point of having all this stuff connected and working was immense. I haven't had a need to tweak anything in HUB for well over a year. And everything works without flaw ... except for two EZFlora obviously. I can see it now. I go to "press and hold INSTEON Hub set button" and BAM, everything gets screwed up. I just can't go there. It's not worth the risk.

While I would VERY MUCH like to have those EZFlora working in conjunction with HUB, and can not understand why SmartHome and Smartenit can not make it happen, I just can't risk blowing up everything else for a piecemeal, patched, DIY effort to make EZFlora work with HUB.

If you could make it happen, surely SmarthHome could update the software to make it an smooth, automated effort to hook up EZFlora to HUB? You'd think.

As time goes by, and this does not get done, I get more frustrated with SmartHome, more likely to question my loyalty to their home automation solution and products.
budgy10 Posted - 05/28/2015 : 10:50:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jtempleton

Option 2: Using Direct/Custom commands (yes, direct commands using the Hub)

The Hub is really just a repackaged SmartLinc, with a new version of the web pages (2.6).
Best I can tell, they just modified index.htm, so you don’t see the old SmartLinc home page.
But all the other pages are still there, accessible, and work just as they did before.

So…
/network.htm
/rooms.htm
/r01.htm - /r16.htm
All work just fine.

Making changes in these pages will not show up in the Hub App, but if you are just looking to add timers to control your sprinklers, this is a simple option.

Just follow the old directions here: http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/EZFlora-SmartLinc.pdf
Full list of EZFlora commands is here: http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloads/EZFlora%20Command%20Set.pdf

The Hub App uses the first available group and moves up from there when creating scenes. I’d use room 14 for this (room 16 in this image is thermostat, and room 15 has some item from the Hub App).

So using a browser (not the Hub App).
1) Go to http://x.x.x.x:yyyy/r14.htm (where x.x.x.x is the IP of your Hub, and yyyy the port)
2) Click on the box with a wrench in the lower left corner.
3) Name and select show for each control you will want (valve 1, program 1, inhibit, etc)
4) Click save and return.
5) For each of the items you added, click on the name to get to the setup page
6) Click on ‘click here to customize controls’
7) Set the custom commands, see the links above for detail.
8) Click Save and return
9) Set timers as needed.
10) Click save and Return.

Click on the wrench at center bottom (or go to /network.htm) and make sure the time is correct.

Timers will work, and you have manual control over all functions by hitting the page (http://x.x.x.x:yyyy/r14.htm) from any device.

This method does work if you are willing to play around with it a bit more. JWillis you said that you couldn't get this to work because you couldn't log in. I had the same issue and contacted insteon support. In order to get a login and password, you reset it to the default:

"Thank you for contacting Insteon Support.
If you were to do a network reset:
1) Press and hold INSTEON Hub set button until it beeps
LED will begin blinking green
2) Slowly tap the set button six times
On the first tap the Hub will double beep and the LED will turn to blue
On the fifth tap the Hub will start beeping and the LED will turn green
On the sixth tap the Hub will stop beeping and the LED will turn blue
3) Remove power from INSTEON Hub and wait about 10 seconds
4) Re-apply power to INSTEON Hub
This would reset the username and password to admin and admin.
"

Once you have access to this, you just need to follow this guide:

http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/EZFlora-SmartLinc.pdf

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
[email protected]

JWillis Posted - 05/25/2015 : 10:31:06 AM
It's a new year. New summer. New watering season. I have HUB. I have EZFlora. I DO NOT YET HAVE AN ABILITY TO AUTOMATE MY IRRIGATION SYSTEM VIA HUB.

What's up with that?

fiddletownrob Posted - 10/25/2014 : 12:14:37 PM
quote:

Here's the simple answer external access, when away from home.
In the Hub Mobile App, go to Settings, then House.
You will see Public IP, and Port.
To access the SmartLinc web pages when away from home, go to http://(Public IP):(Port)
And when setting up SmartLinc Android App, use that Public IP and Port.

That's all there is to it. Assuming your Hub App works remotely, there's no additional setup or config to have the Web Pages or SmartLinc App work remotely.

OUT Friggin STANDING…jt you da man!!!

With the exception of the EZFlora, I can now control my entire Insteon system with either the Hub Web Interface “Insteon for Browser Beta”, the Hub Android app, the Smarlinc Web Interface, and the Smartlinc Android app………….the EZFlora can be controlled by both the Smarlinc Web Interface, and the Smartlinc Android app.

Although I’m only using one of the EZFlora’s outputs right now on a non-timer basis (I’m testing the Smarlinc timer function now), I believe this should work for JWillis.

As you pointed out previously, when setting up the Smartlinc configuration we have to be sure not to use a "room / scene" used by the Hub and if you modify the Hub configuration at a later date it might overwrite the Smartlinc configuration.

Thank you Thank you Thank you….
jtempleton Posted - 10/25/2014 : 11:18:36 AM
Here's the simple answer external access, when away from home.
In the Hub Mobile App, go to Settings, then House.
You will see Public IP, and Port.
To access the SmartLinc web pages when away from home, go to http://(Public IP):(Port)
And when setting up SmartLinc Android App, use that Public IP and Port.

That's all there is to it. Assuming your Hub App works remotely, there's no additional setup or config to have the Web Pages or SmartLinc App work remotely.
jtempleton Posted - 10/25/2014 : 10:11:42 AM
Yup, let me know if you run into any issues with the instructions I provided earlier to access the web pages from the internet, and setup the SmartLinc Android App.

At that point you should have exactly what you are looking for.

fiddletownrob Posted - 10/25/2014 : 09:30:58 AM
quote:

Hi Rob, can you clarify a bit?
When you say Android App, are you referring to the Hub App, or SmartLinc App?

When you say sign in to the SmartLinc site as 'away from home' user, what URL are you talking about?

If I can get away with keeping your Hub2SLv1-2.bin loaded full time but use the HUB Android app 99.99% of the time to manage, monitor, and control my devices, then be able to quickly access the EZFlora either online via the Smartlinc Web page or via the Android Smartlinc app. when I’m away from home, I’d be a happier camper.

jtempleton Posted - 10/25/2014 : 07:40:10 AM
Also, I'm happy to keep helping, but at this point for anything you are trying to figure out with the 'SmartLinc', you should be able to use any SmartLinc documentation/advice out there. With the one caveat I pointed out earlier. Any reference to SmartLinc.smarthome.com should be replaced with the IP/Port of your hub, just like how you've been accessing the web pages.

Also, sounds like you plan to continue using this as a Hub and a SmartLinc concurrently. It may not be a problem, but just keep in mind that they are both using the same underlying data, and if you add a device to the Hub, you can't always predict what room/scene it will use. So there is the potential that you may run into some conflicts at some point if the Hub tries to use a Scene you are using for SmartLinc. Also, a lot of the stuff is the same for both, so if you change network settings, time, user/pass, etc., it's going to affect both SmartLinc and Hub config. That being said, you may have no issues at all.

jtempleton Posted - 10/25/2014 : 07:26:19 AM
Hi Rob, can you clarify a bit?
When you say Android App, are you referring to the Hub App, or SmartLinc App?
When you say sign in to the SmartLinc site as 'away from home' user, what URL are you talking about?

The SmartLinc webpages, SmartLinc Mobile App, and Hub Mobile App all access the Hub in the same way. I'm thinking you must have followed the Hub directions for 'Remote Access' or 'Port Forwarding' when you setup the Hub?

I'll make a few assumptions and have you try this, if it doesn't work, then we can get into more detail...
Go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ from something using your home network (computer, or tablet using home network, etc) that will tell you what your home public IP address is currently.

Try viewing the SmartLinc web pages as you have been, but change the IP to that public IP, instead of the internal IP of the hub you have been using. Use the same port. Assuming you setup port forwarding when you setup the Hub, you should see the SmartLinc pages. That's all there is to it, and that will work remotely.

So start with that and then we can get into more detail.

As for mobile Apps, if you haven't already, setup the SmartLinc Mobile App, you can run it at the same time as the Hub App. When adding the house to the App, select 'I'm an EXISTING User', then 'Advanced Connect'. Enter the public IP and port that you used to access the web pages.

The mobile app simply retrieves the information from the web pages. So what ever rooms are visible in the web pages, is what will show in the mobile app. You should then be able to control the EZFlora and whatever else you have in the web pages, from the mobile App.

As for other stuff like cameras these should also work through the SmartLinc mobile app. Check out the SmartLinc Manual: http://www.insteon.com/pdf/2412N.pdf
The only limitation with the Hub2SL image is that http://smartLinc.smarthome.com will not work (since this does not register as a SmartLinc with SmartHome). But all that site does is redirect you to the IP:Port of your SmartLinc, which you already know. So basically any time you see something telling you to go to http://smartLinc.smarthome.com, just substitute that with the URL for your SmartLinc/Hub. That's the same reason in the mobile App that I'm saying you need to get to the page where you just enter the IP, rather than trying to login or create account.

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense.
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 8:28:04 PM
quote:

Thanks Rob, glad to hear it's all working. Now you can convince JWillis that's it's not too difficult to switch the Hub into working like a SmartLinc!

Let me know if you run into any issues. It's nice to know that when my last SmartLinc finally dies, I have a solution now.

jt...you've been great!

If you are inclined to help a newbie a little further, I need to be able to sign-on to the Smartlinc/Hub remotely since as I posted earlier, my main reason for wanting the EZFlora is because I live in a fire prone area and need remote access to turn on fire suppression irrigation if I'm away from home.

ALSO, my current HUB/HUB installation has security camera's I'd like to still be able to access while away from home with the Android app. Right now with Smartlinc/HUB .bin file you developed I can access the EZFlora via the Web and access the rest of my components (including cameras) via the Android app. However, I've not been able to sign on to the Smartlinc site as a "away from home" user.

Thanks again, Rob
jtempleton Posted - 10/24/2014 : 7:05:39 PM
Thanks Rob, glad to hear it's all working. Now you can convince JWillis that's it's not too difficult to switch the Hub into working like a SmartLinc!

Let me know if you run into any issues. It's nice to know that when my last SmartLinc finally dies, I have a solution now.
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 6:37:25 PM
quote:

OK Rob, hopefully this is it... http://wikisend.com/download/253078/Hub2SLv1-2.bin
Looks like filedropper is still down.

Let me know if you still see any issues with status in the web app.

1) Fixed Update Status button in the page.
2) Clear the status icons at start of status update, so you don't see old status.
3) If we need to get status for multiple ID's, staggered the request by 200ms
4) if multiple scenes use the same status ID, only send one request for that ID.
5) If we get XXXXXX response (hub failed to get status), retry the request (up to 5 times, with incrementing delay between attempts).
6) Fixed issue with trying to update status for hidden scenes (where report status is checked, but 'show' is unchecked for the scene)

Downloaded and works as advertised.

So...the forum pages says you are a "Average Member"...I'm not thinking so. It should say "EXPERT MEMBER". Thanks for all your help.
jtempleton Posted - 10/24/2014 : 5:56:11 PM
OK Rob, hopefully this is it... http://wikisend.com/download/253078/Hub2SLv1-2.bin
Looks like filedropper is still down.

Let me know if you still see any issues with status in the web app.

1) Fixed Update Status button in the page.
2) Clear the status icons at start of status update, so you don't see old status.
3) If we need to get status for multiple ID's, staggered the request by 200ms
4) if multiple scenes use the same status ID, only send one request for that ID.
5) If we get XXXXXX response (hub failed to get status), retry the request (up to 5 times, with incrementing delay between attempts).
6) Fixed issue with trying to update status for hidden scenes (where report status is checked, but 'show' is unchecked for the scene)
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 3:15:38 PM
quote:

Thanks Rob, sounds like we're making progress!

The EZFlora was never able to report status in a SmartLinc, that's simply not going to work. This is due to the way the EZFlora works.

As for the status on the lamp, all the data you sent looks good.
Sounds like you've now seen it show both on/off, but seems to get stuck on one or the other?
If you click on 'refresh' button on the page, does it update to the correct status?

Good call..."refresh" does change the status but the "Check Status" button within the Web app does not...
jtempleton Posted - 10/24/2014 : 2:21:28 PM
Thanks Rob, sounds like we're making progress!

The EZFlora was never able to report status in a SmartLinc, that's simply not going to work. This is due to the way the EZFlora works.

As for the status on the lamp, all the data you sent looks good.
Sounds like you've now seen it show both on/off, but seems to get stuck on one or the other?
If you click on 'refresh' button on the page, does it update to the correct status?

fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 1:28:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by fiddletownrob

quote:

Rob, here's a new version image... http://www.filedropper.com/hub2slv1-1

I was checking to see if the device was on, if so showing it on, if not showing it off. The issue with this is if the status could not be retrieved (signal issue, device unplugged, wrong status ID, etc), I was improperly showing the status as off.

Not sure is this was the problem you were having with the table lamp status.

I changed it to get the status, if it's on then show on, off then show off, otherwise show neither. So if the status can not be obtained, it will not show off.

just saw this, i'll give it a try now

filedropper seems to be down right now, I can't access it. will try later
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 1:20:05 PM
quote:

I was checking to see if the device was on, if so showing it on, if not showing it off. The issue with this is if the status could not be retrieved (signal issue, device unplugged, wrong status ID, etc), I was improperly showing the status as off.

I changed it to get the status, if it's on then show on, off then show off, otherwise show neither. So if the status can not be obtained, it will not show off.

just saw this, i'll give it a try now
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 1:19:19 PM
quote:

Thanks Rob, so the table lamp is 28.8A.1F ?
Based on the data you sent, status should work fine in the mobile app.
As for the web app reporting the wrong status (it helped knowing that it reported wrong status rather than no status)...
Can you hit /sx.xml?288A1F=1900
That will report the status of the table lamp, send me the output with both the lamp on, and off.

STUDY LAMP UPDATE:

MY BAD…I entered the wrong lamp ID in the report status box, it should have been 26.8A.1F.

HOWEVER…after correcting my mistake and changing it to 26.8A.1F the Smartlinc WEB app. Still reports “OFF”

Here’s the “hit” with the lamp ON:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
-<Xs>
<X D="268A1F2500FE"/>
</Xs>

Here’s the “hit” with the lamp OFF:

-<Xs>
<X D="268A1F250000"/>
</Xs>

FYI: Some other items I’ve tried with the study lamp:
Configuration: Hub with Smartlinc .bin file loaded
Without changing any configurations I can totally control my study lamp with:
1. the Smartlinc WEB application [status now stuck “ON”]
2. the HUB “Insteon for Browser beta” WEB application [status reports correctly]
3. the HUB Android application [status reports correctly],
4. Houselink [status reports correctly], and
5. Old “Radio Shack” X-10 controller (code A2)

quote:

For the EZFlora, valve 1, here's the on/off commands you should be using. Please confirm.
On - 026228AC0F0F4000
Off - 026228AC0F0F4100

If that's not working (I just tested it with mine, worked fine). Add another scene named 'Inhibit' to that room.
On - 026228AC0F0F4403
Off - 026228AC0F0F4404

Turn inhibit off, then try turning valve 1 on again. Inhibit is a feature in the EZFlora, which disables it from accepting commands to turn valves or programs on. It's useful if you want to disable the sprinklers for some reason. If it somehow got turned on, it would explain why you can't get the valves to turn on.

Thanks!

With regard to the EZFlora Valve 1 (ID: 28.AC.0F):

I’m able to activate Valve 1 using my “Radio Shack” X-10 controller (code A1) so I know the EZFlora is working…

Using the Smartlinc WEB application, again MY BAD. I had a missing “0F” in my custom command strings:

ON Custom command I have installed: 026228AC0F4000
Should Be: 026228AC0F0F4000
OFF Custom command I have installed: 026228AC0F4100
Should Be: 026228AC0F0F4100

When I corrected this custom string the Smartlinc WEB app controls the EZFlora as advertised -- still not showing status.

Sorry for the mess ups….

By the way, the “Inhibit” function works as you indicated.

Here’s the “hit” with the EZFlora ON:

-<Xs>
<X D="28AC0F252001"/>
</Xs>

Here’s the “hit” with the EZFlora OFF:

-<Xs>
<X D="28AC0F252001"/>
</Xs>

jtempleton Posted - 10/24/2014 : 12:38:50 PM

jtempleton Posted - 10/24/2014 : 11:27:03 AM
Thanks Rob, so the table lamp is 28.8A.1F ?
Based on the data you sent, status should work fine in the mobile app.
As for the web app reporting the wrong status (it helped knowing that it reported wrong status rather than no status)...
Can you hit /sx.xml?288A1F=1900
That will report the status of the table lamp, send me the output with both the lamp on, and off.

For the EZFlora, valve 1, here's the on/off commands you should be using. Please confirm.
On - 026228AC0F0F4000
Off - 026228AC0F0F4100

If that's not working (I just tested it with mine, worked fine). Add another scene named 'Inhibit' to that room.
On - 026228AC0F0F4403
Off - 026228AC0F0F4404

Turn inhibit off, then try turning valve 1 on again. Inhibit is a feature in the EZFlora, which disables it from accepting commands to turn valves or programs on. It's useful if you want to disable the sprinklers for some reason. If it somehow got turned on, it would explain why you can't get the valves to turn on.

Thanks!
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 10:03:39 AM
quote:

Thanks, let me know how it goes with the empty room.
I meant http://hubip:hubport/b.xml?01=XX=F
Just one of the pages on the hub. Replace the XX with the room number.

jt...

I installed the table lamp in Room 10…the On/Off works ok but Status only shows “off” - I’d insert a screen shot but can’t figure out how to do so in this forum :(.

I also installed the EZFlora in Room 9 per the directions you posted. Doesn’t seem to be working yet [I’m going to hook up a 24v light bulb to the EZFlora so I can move it into the same room with my computer so I can readily see if it’s responding]. Also below is the print out from room 9:

Study-Table Lamp @ http://192.168.0.2:25105/b.xml?01=10=F:
-<Bs>
<S D="28.8A.1F.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="3F"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
</Bs>

EZFlora: @ http://192.168.0.2:25105/b.xml?01=09=F
-<Bs>
<S D="28.AC.0F.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="1F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
</Bs>
jtempleton Posted - 10/24/2014 : 09:01:21 AM
Thanks, let me know how it goes with the empty room.
I meant http://hubip:hubport/b.xml?01=XX=F
Just one of the pages on the hub. Replace the XX with the room number.
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/24/2014 : 08:47:33 AM
quote:

Rob, if you get a chance, go to /b.xml?01=XX=F
Where XX is the room number with your table lamp.
Send me the output, and let me know which scene number is your table lamp, as well as the insteon ID for the table lamp.

I should be able to tell from that if it's the Hub App that's messing with the status data. I only tried testing status after I had done a factory reset on my Hub. So not sure if that's what's causing the issue for you.

Thanks!

jt...sorry but I don't know what you mean by "go to /b.xml?01=XX=F".

Working on another attempt to assign the study light to an "empty" room and get status reporting to work...will post results later
jtempleton Posted - 10/23/2014 : 7:28:11 PM
Rob, if you get a chance, go to /b.xml?01=XX=F
Where XX is the room number with your table lamp.
Send me the output, and let me know which scene number is your table lamp, as well as the insteon ID for the table lamp.

I should be able to tell from that if it's the Hub App that's messing with the status data. I only tried testing status after I had done a factory reset on my Hub. So not sure if that's what's causing the issue for you.

Thanks!
fiddletownrob Posted - 10/23/2014 : 6:28:45 PM
jt....

quote:

Rob, for that table lamp, in the scene config, you set the 'Status Device ID' to the id (XX.XX.XX) of the table lamp, and checked 'report status'? Is the status not working in the web app, mobile app, or both?

yes, the ID and "report status" are the table lamp's and the "report status" box is checked. The status is not working on the web app. (I haven't tried the mobile app. yet since I understand that I'll need to delete my HUB account, etc. before doing so).

quote:
For the EZFlora, you don't just link it, and SmartLinc will not show status for EZFlora. You have to use 'custom commands' to setup the controls for the various functions (valve 1, valve 2, program 1, etc). It was the lack of 'custom commands' in the hub that everyone was complaining about. Not sure if you used EZFlora on SmartLinc before? In any case, plenty of resources showing how to do this.

This should help: http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/EZFlora-SmartLinc.pdf
That only lists the commands for the valves. This shows all the commands http://smartenit.com/sandbox/downloads/EZFlora_Command_Set.pdf, but may be a bit confusing to you.

Thanks for the links above, if I have time I'll try it tonight again using this info to set up an new room then post another update.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page