Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Pet Care & Pest Control
 Kennel out of Aluminium sheets.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Olivr Posted - 06/13/2016 : 03:48:45 AM
My boy is a Golden Labrador, 2 years old now. We have a lot of space in the backyard and I was thinking about building a kennel for him. A kennel designed like a mini house with rooms. I've got the plan ready. I'm planning to construct the kennel out of aluminum. But, a friend told me that aluminum sheets can induct heat making the kennel so warm. I need some advice. Does it become too warm? Is there any way to make it cooler?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stusviews Posted - 06/14/2016 : 11:37:12 AM
IMO, the walls can be metal, but the roof should be wood or other non-temperature conducting material.
Olivr Posted - 06/14/2016 : 12:02:11 AM
Okay, I want the use of wood to be minimum. I have decided to build the roof and internal structure of the kennel out of metal. I contacted with a metal fabrication service here and they have agreed to it. We will use wood for walls and floors and use good insulation.
stusviews Posted - 06/13/2016 : 10:34:46 AM
Any metal is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer unless you insulate the interior. It's better to use wood or plastic.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page