Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply. To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
T O P I C R E V I E W
Posted - 03/11/2018 : 10:33:11 PM Advantages: They are cheap to buy. They look cute. Most rabbits are friendly and don't bite (unless they are pissed off). They don't bark. They don't need to be walked outside. They can be litter trained. They do not require vaccines. You should not shower a rabbit; they clean themselves. But you need to groom them every week.
Disadvantages: 1. They require a very large cage, at least four times the size of the rabbit. They need to be able to take couple hops in the cage.
2. You need to let your rabbit out of the cage and exercise in your room at least a few hours a day. During this time, your rabbit will chew up your furniture and lose wires (DANGEROUS!); so you have to watch them closely.
3. You need to change your rabbit's litter box every few days. Cleaning after the rabbit might be a lot of work.
4. Rabbit food, Hay, litter, toys and treats will cost you around $20-35 a month.
5. When you go on vacation, you can't take them with you AND you can't leave them at home alone for more than 2 days. Thus you either have to have a friend or hire a professional to come and feed / check on your rabbit. Or you can use the boarding service provided by your local House Rabbit Society (It's around $100 a week) You CAN take your rabbit with you if you will buy a carrier and bring your big cage (buy a foldable cage), litter box, water bottle, food, and all that stuff.
6. You need to cut their nails once in a while. It could be very difficult if your rabbit doesn't cooperate.