Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Computer Interfaces
 Servers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Autonow Posted - 08/04/2019 : 2:22:39 PM
Here is what I am looking for! A Dll or active X or even a server that can access the ISY. I am NOT interested in 3rd party gateways hosted somewhere on the NET. Particularly those that require subscriptions like the ISY portal!
I have looked at the SDK but seems a little complicated considering they want you to setup complete management of the insteon network.

What I want to do is simply read and write to some device. I have the address of the device and even the name in the ISY. The ultimate goal is to integrate devices that use different protocls in a single user interface. Protocol Examples would be insteon, Zwave, Modbus or an OPC server and even some of the power management devices.

I am thinking of moving away from the "canned" software solutions and going with something like codesys with a .net interface But I stumble with the insteon interface.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tfitzpatri8 Posted - 08/04/2019 : 6:26:59 PM
The place to start is the ISY forums: http://forum.universal-devices.com

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page