Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Home Security

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkstretch Posted - 08/01/2020 : 08:35:26 AM
I have a DMP touch pad and panel. The panel has a Verizon logo on it. My alarm company is telling me when they test my system they get an abnormal test for my WiFi connection. Anyone know if I can check my WiFi setting instead of paying them to come out?
Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tomlite770 Posted - 01/16/2021 : 10:11:49 AM
I think you can do it by yourself through a computer. There are several applications and software that allow checking wi-fi connection quality. I suppose they use the same stuff to check that. Anyway, try to google how to do that at home without any special equipment. Maybe you need to put an Internet wire into a computer port and check it in settings. Anyway, I would recommend you to change such a security system to a new one. Modern companies like Ajax produce their security systems with special sim cards. They do not require a wi-fi connection, so they seem more reliable. You do not worry about the system condition when you are out. You know i is always on.
BLH Posted - 08/02/2020 : 3:24:39 PM
If you can't find the model number.
My search for DMP Security Console. Found a few. They possibly have a similar method for setting and checking things.
mkstretch Posted - 08/02/2020 : 07:47:44 AM
I’m not sure of the model number. I will see if I can find it, and look for the manual online. Thanks so much!
BLH Posted - 08/02/2020 : 04:07:23 AM
Do you have the Users Manual or Installers manual for the panel?
You didn't say the model number of the panel.
I found a few with a web search.
They may give you some information on the messages and how to check it.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page