Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Cable & Structured Wiring
 ugly OTO socke has to leave, splice holder\ tray t

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PackElend Posted - 10/15/2020 : 12:19:23 PM
Below is a picture of the on-wall OTO (optic surface box, optic termination box) when it was once opened.
From here, a new, probably multi-core Pigtail FO be pulled in. This ends at the central www access with router, switch etc., in the basement.
One wire is plugged into the existing cable and leads to the splice box, but the other wire is only terminated at the splice box in the basement.
The other end of the second wire is loose and can be extended from there by means of a fibre optic patch cable to minimise IT gear in the flat, wherever it is located. If possible, as much as possible takes place flush-mounted.

What I am now looking for is a receptacle on which the existing wires can be wrapped around and the crimps can be held. The couplings should be in the middle and turned for 45 °. So, I hope, there is enough space for a gentle bend of the patch cable in the desired direction.

It seems there is nothing at the market. I only find equipment what is partly helpful:

Anyone, who has an idea, I can only think of 3D printing. Has anyone thought of anything like that?
There are fibre-optic Keystone modules with a plug-in socket, e.g. from kabelscheune.de or roline (Amazon.de), or screwable from e.g. lwl-techniker.ch.
A receptacle for splice protection is also not that complicated.
I have already searched for 3D-prints but only this comes some near.
Is anyone here interested in the project?

p.s. the analogue cable will be history soon.

Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page