Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Thermostats & HVAC Control
 Electric baseboard heaters and WiFi control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

dan1el
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  03:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an electric heater (from Duraflame https://wisepick.org/best-heater-for-large-room/) in my garage.
I also have smart home switches.
I took a plug in smart outlet controller, that I plugged in a 110v control voltage relay into, and that switches the heater's control voltage on and off.
Thermostat duties are controlled by the simple factory thermostat. But if I wanted to get tricky, I could use a 24vac control side relay hooked to a standard house thermostat to control it as well, and could even go as far to get a WIFI thermostat to do the switching duties.

Edited by - dan1el on 05/26/2019 7:20:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Truesh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2019 :  03:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am considering a Honeywell 9320 thermostat model with wi-fi control for installation in my home https://whatever-tech.com/honeywell-reviews-9580-vs-9585-vs-9320. Now most of the equipment in my house is controlled via wi-fi, and it is very convenient. Features of this model is that it is compatible with 24-volt heating, ventilation and air conditioning, gas, electric, oil and dual-fuel heating, remote access is provided through the application Honeywell Total Comfort. Who else is using this model? Would love to hear feedback.
Go to Top of Page

mohsen256
Starting Member

Iran
2 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  11:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks . i want to control bms system by wifi module

bms is true
Go to Top of Page

charlesey
Starting Member

Armenia
13 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  04:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see lots of grumbles from customers that purchased these thermostat. They complain that the thermostats are not self-connecting to Wi-Fi system.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page