Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 BMW garage door opener
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bagrubes
Average Member

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2018 :  03:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lilyoyo1

You would need to use X10 to achieve what you are trying to do. I've attached a link that has directions for you. https://www.smarthome.com/sc-control-insteon-devices-with-homelink

Since you already have the ISY, I would figure out how to use it and that would allow you to accomplish much more when you garage door opens than what you can with triggering x10

Thank you looking into it now

Edited by - bagrubes on 03/18/2018 03:59:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

jamescobb
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  01:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit jamescobb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bagrubes

Good Morning everyone, I find this thread very interesting. I have a question, I have the 222 hud and I am using the insteon app only no ISY. I have one but never finished trying to set it up. I just got intimidated by it. I have a ford edge 2016 with the 3 buttons on the visor. Any suggestions on how I could achieve linking the buttons on the visor to my insteon?

If I'm not mistaken you are referring to Insteon 2242-222 Hub, right? Normally, it works with your home router and smartphone or tablet compatible devices.

I suppose you may want to connect the ethernet cable to your router and then plug-in your power cable. Connect all the cables to your Insteon 222 hub.

If you have not done it yet, you may want to download and install the Insteon app from your device's app store and create a new account. After a successful installation, some on-screen instructions will tell you to scan a setup code to configure your Insteon Hub.

Add your device by tapping the icon from the device type choices, in this case it is your mini remote control that is attached to your car's visor.

Hope that this guide might give you some guidance.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5765 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  03:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check your HUB model number on the bottom of the case.
The older HUB is a 2242-222. The 2245-222 is the presently HUB being sold.
Only the older 2242-222 supports X10.

Near the bottom of the 2245-222 sales page is a chart of differences between a 2245-222 and the older 2242-222.
https://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2245-222-hub.html

How to determine HUB model and hardware revisions.
https://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2015/4/13/identify-your-insteon-hub-version?rq=2245-222

Edited by - BLH on 04/01/2018 06:01:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page