Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Smartenit Sprinkler and Hub
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  1:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JT,

Thank you for checking in.

Yes, you are correct. The KeyPad to EZFlora option will not work after all. I was too quick to offer that up as a viable alternative. It is not. You can manually connect the KeyPad to EZFlora, but when you go to add KeyPad to HUB Scenes it will not control EZFlora. It does not matter whether you set up individual keys as Controller, Responder, or Both ... it still will not control the EZFlora though HUB software, unless you are successful in adding EZFlora to the HUB within the Scene also ... which is where I hit a roadblock time and again. After multiple attempts, even following every step of your well laid out Option #1 above, I simply can not get my HUB to add the EZFlora in a Scene.

I am at wits end over this. The only alternatives it appears are to transition to an ISY, or a Smartenit Gateway. I hate the ISY. I hate that I must deal with yet two additional vendors to get that solution to work. I must buy hardware from UD and software from MobiLink. I want a turnkey alternative. And I have been down the ISY path before. It's a bigger mess than HUB. Same goes with going down the Smartenit path. I want turnkey.

I did finally get SmartHome technical support to respond, on the phone, and via email. Their current position is that they have no plans to make Smartenit products work with the HUB. It really sounded to me as if there is intentional effort to prevent Smartenit products, like EZFlora, to work well with HUB. The exact line from the email from SmartHome:

"At this time there are no intentions of making the Hub compatible with SmartenIT products."

That makes me wonder whether at some point, in earlier versions of HUB software, your options above were all possible, but paths to them have since been closed down as a result of bad blood between the two companies? I spent significant effort on Options #1 and #2 and was not successful with either.

Frankly, I'm past fed up with this. I am pissed at SmartHome, at the HUB product, and am simply taking time off from dealing with this #($*ed up mess of a HUB product. I wish someone would come along and put this sorry company out of business.

Just an average Man trying to automate my home.
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  2:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JWillis

JT,
Frankly, I'm past fed up with this. I am pissed at SmartHome, at the HUB product, and am simply taking time off from dealing with this #($*ed up mess of a HUB product. I wish someone would come along and put this sorry company out of business.

Shouldn't be long...insteon not even on the list of best HA systems: http://home-automation-systems-review.toptenreviews.com/

Downside is we'll have lots of very expensive paper weights and door stops!

fiddletownrob

Edited by - fiddletownrob on 10/15/2014 2:54:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10926 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  3:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fiddletownrob
Shouldn't be long...insteon not even on the list of best HA systems: http://home-automation-systems-review.toptenreviews.com/

Upside is we'll have lots of very expensive paper weights and door stops!

Did you look at the site you linked? Insteon is on the list multiple times! 4 of the top 11 solutions they mention use Insteon!

The #1 solution on that chart is HomeSeer, which is a 3rd party, Insteon-compatible, DIY software product.

Options 2, 3 and 11 require installation by a factory-certified pro, so your odds of getting a successful install the first time improve. Prepare to pay substantially more for the professional's time and experience.

4, 5 and 9 are also Insteon-compatible. Number 9 is noteworthy, as it is a fairly new product that includes the Insteon hardware inside the interface, whereas the others on that list (plus several not on that list) use an external PLM.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  3:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Shouldn't be long...insteon not even on the list of best HA systems

The review is dedicated to, primarily, controllers, not the devices they control.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  4:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

quote:

Upside is we'll have lots of very expensive paper weights and door stops!

Did you look at the site you linked? Insteon is on the list multiple times! 4 of the top 11 solutions they mention use Insteon!

The #1 solution on that chart is HomeSeer, which is a 3rd party, Insteon-compatible, DIY software product.

Options 2, 3 and 11 require installation by a factory-certified pro, so your odds of getting a successful install the first time improve. Prepare to pay substantially more for the professional's time and experience.

4, 5 and 9 are also Insteon-compatible. Number 9 is noteworthy, as it is a fairly new product that includes the Insteon hardware inside the interface, whereas the others on that list (plus several not on that list) use an external PLM.

What you say is true, many of the other systems are “Insteon Compatible” in addition to X-10, z-wave, zigbee, etc. It’s smart on their part to try and capture existing HA users by getting them to switch to their “compatible systems”. It’s like saying “Don’t worry frustrated Insteon users, switch to our system and you can keep using your Insteon components”

Insteon as a “system” is not on the list of those reviewed. My point is that there are several other highly rated systems out there.

I don’t see Insteon trying to make their controllers (HUB) compatible with other system’s technologies (yes, some X-10 capability is there). The current topic regarding the Smartenit ezflora is one example of Insteon making their latest HUB less capable than the SmartLinc that it replaced.

I guess if insteon can sell lots of components that the other “system” providers can use then they might make it in the long run but as a system integrator, I think I’m done with them, as apparently are others in this section of the forum.¬

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  5:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Insteon as a “system” is not on the list of those reviewed.

Neither is X10, Z-Wave, ZogBee, UPB, Lutron, C-Bus, KNX, nor even Smartenit.
quote:

My point is that there are several other highly rated systems out there.

What do those highly rated systems have control of?

You are comparing drivers to cars, ice cream to freezers, trees to cities--all related, but disparate.

Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  5:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From the same review site as the "list of best HA systems:"

Insteon combines wired and wireless communication into a single system that offers great reliability and flexibility. The power line is typically used as a backup to the RF frequency used by the system. This allows commands to reach the proper destination with little to no interference. Insteon supports over 65,000 different commands and is one of the best options for upgrading the light switches in your home.

Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  6:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, let's take the Insteon is crap discussion to a new thread. I'm still trying to figure out how to get HUB to water my [email protected]?ing grass.

Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10926 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  7:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The central problem here is that neither the SmartLinc nor the current Hub was designed to handle more advanced devices like the SeriaLinc, the SynchroLinc, the iMeter Solo, or irrigation controllers. So far as I can tell, the Hub and its predecessors have always been viewed as 'starter' interfaces--a simple way to control your lights and appliances from your phone and to create basic timers. The lack of conditional logic capacities in them makes both interfaces a non-starter once you get the bug for automation, and also makes them a poor choice for an irrigation controller--how can you call an irrigation controller 'smart' if it doesn't take into account local temperatures, fog, rain, holidays, etc,? I think the expectation has always been that when people were ready for more advanced automation, they'd be switching to the ISY or a PC and software like HomeSeer to do it. Adding a bunch more capability to the starter interface makes little sense, as a more expensive gadget would make it less accessible to beginners and would also cannibalize ISY sales.

That said, if I found a genie in a bottle, one of my three wishes would NOT be to add EZFlora support to the Hub. Instead, I'd want the ISY and Insteon engineers get together over pizza and beer and figure out how to make ISY setup and use easier for novices without taking away from its power or utility. (It's that last part at issue here--the Hub is a HUGE improvement over the SmartLinc in ease of setup, now that it builds scenes by itself. The catch is, in the process they dropped support for the so-called 'custom commands', a terribly user-unfriendly option that allowed basic schedule and remote on/off operation of unsupported devices.)
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  8:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Custom commands allowed running several scenes with a single button press. They allowed controlling a device that isn't added. They even had the capability to include pauses.

Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  8:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still not any closer to watering my $#%^ing grass with the HUB. I could do it with SmartLinc, so why not with a HUB?

I'd give ISY another chance, if it had a decent interface. But I'm not going to SmartHome for devices, Smartenit for irrigation, UD for a Controller, MobilLinc for interface. That's just #%^*ing stupid. It all needs to be brought under one roof, one support system, uniformity in how it looks, feels, operates. I had hoped that Smarthome was taking us that direction with HUB. Apparently not, because they are in some pissing contest with Smartenit, and therefore offer no HUB solution to control irrigation.

This shouldn't be so #%^¥ hard. I just want an integrated system that controls my lights, as well as waters my ^%#€ing grass.

Edited by - JWillis on 10/15/2014 8:32:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  12:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just so I'm clear...

You are able to add the EZFlora as a device to the Hub, the trouble is when adding the scene? Also you said...

"After you do that, you are asked if you want to turn the scene off. When you hit "Yes", then the HUB actually sends a message to the EZFlora that causes the ZONE 1 to turn off !!!! So, we know the HUB can tell the EZFlora to turn off."

It sounds like you were there? What happened after that? You should have been able to hit 'on' for that scene, and that valve would turn back on, pressing off would turn it off.

Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  12:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And for doing all the config, I found it was easiest to have the EZFlora plugged in next to the hub (same outlet). No need to have it connected to your valves. Have the Smartenit Utilies running, so you can change valve states for programming, and check valve status to see if Hub is working.

Also I should point out that after getting the sprinklers to work on the Hub, I still gave up on the Hub for a variety of reasons, it simply doesn't do the basic things I need it to do. Every attempt SmartHome makes to make a better controller seems to just make things worse.

I ended up finding a Smartlinc on BestBuy, which I am still using now, just waiting for it to fail like the last 3 I had. After that I will find something else, I won't use the Hub.

I do still have the Hub up and running, but haven't done anything with it in nearly a year. So I think it's time to do my big test, I'm going to throw the Smartlinc bin file on the Hub. Either it will brick it, or I'll finally have a stable Smartlinc.

I'll let you know how that goes. Maybe an option for everyone who wishes they could just go back to a SmartLinc.
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  1:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*** Do this at your own risk, it could destroy your hub! ***

Seriously, I haven't tested much, but so far looks good.

Username and password will be the same after the new image, so make sure you can login into the hub page. If you need to change the password, it's in the hub app, under settings, house, Hub Password.

Or I guess you could just follow the normal password reset after you put the SmartLinc pages on it.

I hit the /mpfsupload page on the hub, installed 2412n_js2.bin (SmartLinc web pages).

It then looked just like a SmartLinc. I was able to link a device, and turn it on/off, didn't try much beyond that.

Also, I managed to find the hub bin file. http://support.insteon.com/customer/portal/articles/1639980-fix-for-hub-2242-222-not-linking-to-any-devices-through-app

Put that back on, and it was back to the Hub interface, and I tested the Hub app still worked.

During this I did not clean up any data, so while it was a 'SmartLinc' there was a lot of crap data, all the stuff I had added to the hub before.

So I'm going to flip it back to SmartLinc image, factory reset to remove all data, and play with it more. I guess if you are at the point of throwing the Hub in the trash, no harm in trying this.

Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10926 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  1:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the SmartLinc bin loaded, does it correctly show device status information?
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure yet. I'll play with it more tonight, and let you guys know the results.
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Status does not work, not a big deal for me, but maybe for some.
Status Device ID field has 4 octets, instead of 3. I flipped back over to the hub image, it's the same there, and status also does not work in the pages using hub image.

So far everything else seems good.

So if people don't care about status, it's a pretty simple solution to get their SmartLinc back. Especially for anyone that's using EZFlora, or needs to set custom commands.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10926 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  6:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the Smartlinc.smarthome.com site show the device in this state, or would you need to set up your own DNS forwarding service or static IP with your ISP?

Do custom commands work as expected?

I imagine HouseLinc would still see it as a Hub. Does HL allow you to manipulate scene links on it?
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never used smartlinc.smarthome.com. I hit it just now, and all I saw was my smartlinc, not the hub. Not sure how the page is supposed to work though. Yes, I've always managed everything myself.

Custom commands seem to be working fine.

HouseLinc does still see it as a Hub. Houslinc should be using the plm port, not interfacing with those pages at all. I had no trouble creating or manipulating links in HouseLinc.

I did do the linking in the web interface as well, just to see if it would work. But I normally do all my linking in Houselinc.

I have a mini lab setup for this now. My wife wasn't enjoying me turning lights on and off in the house. So the Hub, an x10 appliance module, a lamplinc, and a 2412U interface. Only using the old USB PLM so I can more clearly trace traffic coming from the Hub, and so that resetting the hub doesn't affect what I'm doing in Houselinc.

I started with a factory reset of all of them, nice and clean. Well except the X10 module :)

So if there's anything else you want me to test, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  02:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JT and Tfritz ... You guys are way over my head in trying to turn the HUB into a SmartLinc. I can't go down that path. I need an easier solution to get EZFlora running.

JT - Yes, I can add the EZFlora to HUB as a device. However, it will not allow me to add scenes for the device, to control the Zones. Once the EZFlora is set up as a device, I then try to establish scenes to turn each Zone on and off. First, I use the EZFlora utility to turn on Zone 1. Then, I go thru the steps to add a scene for the EZFlora while Zone 1 is running. At that point the HUB comes back with an error message indicating that it can not establish a link with the device. Tapping the set button, or holding the set button until the LED flashes does not resolve this problem. Then, your only options are to try again, or exit. Trying again only gives you the same error message, so you are forced to exit. THIS is the frustrating part, when you exit, you are then asked if you want to turn the scene off. You have two choices, either cancel, or yes. If you cancel, you are simply taken back to the HUB main menu and no scene has been set up. If you hit yes, the HUB actually sends a message to the EZFlora that turns off Zone 1 !!! ... But then it takes you back to the main menu and no scene has been established. That's just so damn stupid. It shows us that the HUB can communicate with EZFlora, but it will not allow us to set up scenes to turn zones on or off.

Will make further attempts with HUB and EZFlora in same outlet, when I have time, and let you know results.

I honestly believe that this is something that SmartHome can easily accomplish, but they refuse to do so, because, for whatever reason ... SmartHome does not want Smartenit products working with their HUB. There must be some very bad blood between these two companies now. As a result, SmartHome customers, like myself, wind up suffering. And I very much hate SmartHome for the troubles they are causing.

SmartHome sold me the EZFlora. It worked well with SmartLinc, now they stop selling SmartLinc, refuse to allow it to work with HUB, and offer no viable irrigation controller solution? How can we not be upset with this level of incompetence?

Thanks for your help thus far though JT.

Edited by - JWillis on 10/17/2014 02:38:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4164 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd give ISY another chance, if it had a decent interface. But I'm not going to SmartHome for devices, Smartenit for irrigation, UD for a Controller, MobilLinc for interface. That's just #%^*ing stupid. It all needs to be brought under one roof, one support system, uniformity in how it looks, feels, operates. I had hoped that Smarthome was taking us that direction with HUB. Apparently not, because they are in some pissing contest with Smartenit, and therefore offer no HUB solution to control irrigation.

I bet you like apple devices (not meant as criticism at all). Unfortunately, I cannot help with your immediate problem. Instead, I add my voice to those who suggest other options.

What you consider a weakness I find as a strength. What you call "***** stupid" I actually prefer. (Don't worry, I did not take offense at your comment.) I don't want my automation system completely dependent on a single company that may or may not be in business next year or the year after. I have invested too much to have it made non-functional in this way.

In addition to single-source solutions, I am concerned about relying on any single automation protocol and suspect the future in home automation is with controllers that can speak many languages. The introduction of z-wave into the ISY-994 was HUGE for me. It is pretty fun walking around lowes and home depot and Keim Lumber finding clearance z-wave devices. (Yes, it is fun waling around Best buy and looking at insteon stuff, as well.) Of all the protocols, I cannot help but suspect z-wave is the one most likely to survive over time, however.

Speaking of apple home kit, is this important to you? It will be interesting to see if smarthome or UDI will attempt to play in this. I understand UDI has applied, but don't know about smarthome.

Unfortunately, smarthome is not yet Apple. Maybe someday they will be, but for now, you may have to temper your hopes and expectations (or dust off your ISY and bite the learning-curve bullet).

Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4164 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  06:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
That said, if I found a genie in a bottle, one of my three wishes would NOT be to add EZFlora support to the Hub. Instead, I'd want the ISY and Insteon engineers get together over pizza and beer and figure out how to make ISY setup and use easier for novices without taking away from its power or utility.

Yes, if someone can figure that out, they and their family would be set for life. Has anyone seen the interface for ProLogic? Adobe Photoshop? Even MS Word? They share, in my mind, a commont trait: Learning curves.

I believe if you want the good stuff, be prepared to spend some time learning how to use it.
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  08:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JWillis, putting the SmartLinc image on the Hub is actually super simple. Give me a few more days to test through everything though. But I do have a custom image built and running now, which combines the new stuff from the hub, with the missing pages from the SmartLinc (index.htm in particular). I also see how to get the status information in the hub now, so working on updating the javascript to fix status.

Also I still need to test the smartlinc mobile app, to see how it's getting data.

Hopefully have another update soon. But once done, you'll basically download a file, and upload it to the hub, that's all there is to it.
Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  10:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JT - Thanks. I'll watch this board. Will also try again this weekend to add scenes to HUB for EZFlora.

oberkc - I'm not a technical person. I neither enjoy nor have tons of spare time to screw around with this mess. I gave ISY a shot. That's $250 and a week of my life I will never get back. But, I can see its appeal to the 6.4 M engineers and scientists in America who relish the opportunity to play around with technical toys. But for the other 304 Million of us, living in 126 million of 132 Million US households without technical expertise, its a total waste of our time and money. We need technology to work for us, not for us to become slaves to making technology work. I have no idea what the Apple Home Kit will achieve. If it provides solutions that work out of the box with minimal effort, enable me to turn lights on and off remotely, put them on timers, and water my grass, then I am all for it. But so far, there is nothing in the home automation marketplace that comes even close to getting this done. Least of all, ISY. SmartLinc was heads and shoulders better for my group of 126 Million, than your ISY group of 6.4 Million. The HUB is a major step down ... but, at this point, I just want something that works ... with minimal time between where and I am now, and where I need to get.

I will make another attempt or two to get EZFlora to work with HUB, read what JT comes up with to make a HUB act like a SmartLinc, but will likely just wind up with HUB running my lights, and a $180 SmartenIT controller running my irrigation. So, what SmartHome has done in transitioning from SmartLinc to HUB was an annoying impediment to me. And for that, I am extremely bitter toward SmartHome. Extremely.

Edited by - JWillis on 10/17/2014 10:23:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  10:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
JWillis. Suppose you want to create a new INSTEON product. Is it up to INSTEON Labs to make their devices compatible with your new product or is the onus on you to make your product compatible with the INSTEON protocol?

Hint: Universal Devices offers new updates for the ISY when INSTEON releases new products. So do software companies, such as HomeSeer.

Edited by - stusviews on 10/17/2014 10:34:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4164 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  10:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
But so far, there is nothing in the home automation marketplace that comes even close to getting this done.

quote:
but, at this point, I just want something that works

You are absolutely correct that these automation systems are, in fact, harder to install and configure than the devices they would replace. The question is whether the results of the effort is worth the time it takes to achieve it. It sounds as if, for you, the answer is NO. Nothing wrong with that. Given this, perhaps, it is time you put the old switches back in, and quit wasting your time (and that of everyone else trying to help out).
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4164 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  11:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And, on behalf of the 6.4 million engineers who like to play with "technical toys": you are welcome. Perhaps someday they will be as easy to install and configure as we all hope. When that time comes, you will have them to thank for it.
Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  12:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thankful every day for the 6.4 Million Scientists and Engineers in America who produce many wonderful products that make our lives easier. I'm not so thankful for the ones who flippantly assume that the other 304 million of us possess the skills needed to make highly technical products work. (Guys who make ISY sound like a cake walk. It isn't).

oberkc - I'd love to put the old technology back in ... SmartLinc ... but mine broke, and SmartHome has decided to no longer offer it for sale.

stuviews - I think it's reasonable to expect the onus to be with SmartHome to make the new and improved controller product compatible with all the MAJOR components that the old product worked with. No? You don't think that irrigation is an important element in home automation? SmartHome obviously does not think so either. But for those of us with irrigation systems ... OLD (SmartLinc) > NEW (HUB). Unfortunately, OLD has a high failure rate, and we can't replace OLD any more, because SmartHome only wants to offer the less robust, NEW.

Look guys, I just want to water my grass. And I don't want to have to adopt a new technology to get it done.

I'm putting an end to this. I'm ordering a SmartenIT controller today. Once I get it operating EZFlora, maybe I find that it works even better than HUB in operating the rest of my Insteon network as well ... so I rid myself of future SmartHome controller update headaches. That would be nice.

Edited by - JWillis on 10/17/2014 12:40:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  12:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aha! A simple solution.

Go to Top of Page

clarkes71

30 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JWillis - I have since moved on to using an ISY controller for all home automation needs - what a difference!

Anyway, I believe I still have a SmartLinc controller as I kept it around when I had the Hub (to control just the irrigation).

Let me know if you are interested?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page