Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Smartenit Sprinkler and Hub
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  12:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you have 2 kids in college ... and retirement coming on fast ... paying an additional $180 to enable two $125 products to work ... not so simple. More like, perturbing. Very perturbing.

Thank you SmartHome, for your NEW, IMPROVED controller.

#NOT

Just an average Man trying to automate my home.

Edited by - JWillis on 10/17/2014 12:57:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4172 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  1:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Look guys, I just want to water my grass. And I don't want to have to adopt a new technology to get it done.

That sounds very easy...hose and sprinkler.

I think you understate your interest in automation.
Go to Top of Page

clarkes71

30 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  1:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK- guys, give him a break...

JWillis: Not sure on the exact part number, but I believe it is a:

SmartLinc - INSTEON 2412N Central Controller

You can do it either way (transfer all device to the SmartLinc) or as I was (just use it to control the Smartenit INSTEON 8-Zone Sprinkler Controller)...

Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  1:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Automate with Orbit for less that $40: http://smile.amazon.com/Orbit-57894-4-Station-Outdoor-Sprinkler/dp/B003LY4I0U/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1413577303&sr=8-9&keywords=orbit+sprinkler

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
4172 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  2:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking orbit, as well. I have a rainbird which also works for irrigation. I probably have about $100 invested in two controllers and three valves for each controller. Pretty simple setup.

Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  3:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hub2SLv1.bin is ready. Anyone want's to try it, just let me know where I can post it to.
All you need to do is go to your hub/mpfsupload to upload the image.

1) All SmartLinc pages are functional
2) Smartlinc mobile app works
3) Status works (both web pages and mobile app)
4) Custom commands work
5) Linking though the web pages and through HouseLinc works.

I managed to decompile the Hub image, and I had the Smartlinc pages from a few years ago thanks to Chad Wackerman.
Only really challenge was reverse engineering the idx file.
For the most part this is all the Hub pages (so the new hub methods for status, etc all work)
Here's a summary of what I changed:
1) Used index.htm from SmartLinc (this is all it took for the mobile app to start working again)
2) Used styles.css from SmartLinc (they changed all the text to Red on the Hub version)
3) Added addscene.gif from SmartLinc (they removed it)
4) Modified network.htm - just to change 'version' info.
5) Modified setup.htm (this is scene config) to have Status ID show properly.
6) Modified myJS.js - This was the bulk of the work, rewrote the bits for Status updating, SmartHome had simply deleted all the code from the primary function handling this. I guess they figured since they were hiding the pages, there was no reason in having them function properly. It's now using the new style status methods to update the icons in the web pages. This has nothing to do with the mobile app, status worked on it regardless, it uses the old buffstatus method.

Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  3:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should point out the one thing that doesn't work, which Tfitz pointed out...
Going to Smartlinc.smarthome.com to find the device won't work.
There's no fixing that, the device still pings the hub site, since well, it is actually a hub, and that part is outside of the 'webpages' bin.

Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  3:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JWillis, on the bright side, with my new image, you'll effectively have a SmartLinc, without the worry of it dying every year :)

And Stu, I disagree about your argument that it's somehow Smartenit's issue. SmartHome has the same issue working with their own devices. At least they've gotten a little better with the updates. At the end of the day, the Smartenit devices are compatible, and they're buying the PLMs from SmartHome to build the devices. The one major issue they had with link databases being in different locations, Is SmartHome's fault, they kept changing the PLM's. Smarthome offers no way for third parties to extend the device descriptions in products like HouseLinc. And believe me I spent a lot of time looking at that, only to realize that the device information is hardcoded. Problem is the same as it's been for years... Smarthome has terrible software development.
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  4:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the bin file... http://www.filedropper.com/hub2slv1-0
Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  6:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oberkc and Stu ... Very funny. I have 14 zones, $250 invested in 2 EZFlora. Piddly 3 zone manual controllers won't do squat and don't utilize my EZFlora. I'm in need of iPad control over the system, which is what SmartLinc provided, but not HUB. And Oberkc, I have great interest in home automation, have devoted significant time and effort, but like the overwhelming majority of consumers, I don't have the technical skills necessary to make everything happen ... Like this struggle with irrigation.

Jt ... I have to go the Smarenit controller route. HUB really stinks. ISY is worse. You know what you're doing with your .bin files, but it all reads like Greek to me. Thank you though for trying to help me.

And anyone who reads this and thinks ISY may be the solution to HUB not providing support for irrigation ... Don't fall for all the flippant comments on this board about how wonderful ISY is. It's not. It is difficult and complex. It lacks a decent software interface. The implementation directions are confusing, and that's provided you can first fight your way through all the typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors in the documentation. HUB implementation is bad. ISY is worse. If I have a decent experience with implementing the Smartenit controller to run irrigation, I'll circle back around and post about it here. But, as it stands now, that appears to be the only viable alternative for those of us in need of less complex solutions to control irrigation.

Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10942 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  6:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The key to a successful ISY installation is to not go it alone. If something in the setup doesn't work as expected, or if you have trouble finding where to access a feature, step away and ask for assistance. The level of user support and guidance available at the manufacturer's own support forum is phenomenal.

http://forum.universal-devices.com
Go to Top of Page

clarkes71

30 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  6:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

The key to a successful ISY installation is to not go it alone. If something in the setup doesn't work as expected, or if you have trouble finding where to access a feature, step away and ask for assistance. The level of user support and guidance available at the manufacturer's own support forum is phenomenal.

I couldn't agree more... adding the Smartenit INSTEON 8-Zone Sprinkler Controller to the ISY was smooth. The device showed up with 8 entries (one for each zone). Add a program to start at a time... run zone 1... wait X mins... stop zone 1.

JWillis: Be happy to help :-)

Edited by - clarkes71 on 10/17/2014 6:22:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtempleton

Here's the bin file... http://www.filedropper.com/hub2slv1-0

jt...this sounds great. I'm willing to give it a try since like JWillis

1) I just want to be a user and not study for the next year to become a developer

2) I live in a fire prone area and need remote access to turn on fire suppression irrigation if I'm away from home, and

3)I'm frustrated as heck that the HUB won't interface with the ezflora.

If you have the time, please post directions on updating the HUB firmware with your bin file (and how to get back to were I am now if I mess it up, which is likely!!! :) Thanks...

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

JWillis
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  6:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clarkes71 ... Thank you for the offer. But I just now went back and reread a few of the 40 odd posts I made to the ISY forum years ago, trying to work thru all the problems I had in my attempt to implement ISY. There is NO EFFING way I will subject myself to that again. None. I had motion sensors that became intertwined with errant devices, software that froze up constantly when trying to add devices, keypad recognition issues, cross linking of keypads that would never work, unexplained error messages that would constantly crop up, just to name a few. It was a total disaster.

I just now saw your post offering up an old SmartLinc. I might follow up with you on that if the Smartenit Controller does not work out for me.

Thank you for your offer to help me though.

Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  9:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JWillis – Don’t give up on me yet, this is way easier than my Hub/EZFlora instructions you were trying to follow.
Fiddletownrob – Here you go…

I assume you both used a SmartLinc before, and got the hub as a replacement. If there are parts I need to clarify, let me know.

First, to switch from the Hub image to the Hub2SL image I made…
1) On your computer, download the Hub2SLv1-0.bin image from here - http://www.filedropper.com/hub2slv1-0
-- a. Save it somewhere on your computer – you only need it temporarily.
2) In a browser go to http://x.x.x.x:yyyy/mpfsupload where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your Hub, and yyyy is the Port of your hub.
-- a. If you don’t know the IP/Port for your hub, you can find it in the Hub App settings.
-- b. Click on the ‘browse’ button.
-- c. Select the file you downloaded in Step 1, and click open or OK, or whatever button you browser shows.
-- d. Back on the mpfsupload page you should now see the file you selected.
-- e. Click Upload
3) You should see ‘MPFS Update Successful’.
-- a. It may take a minute for the file to upload.
-- b. Click on ‘Insteon Hub main page’
-- c. You may be prompted to login, since the Hub App set a password.
-- d. You can see the username and change the password from the Hub App on you mobile device under settings, house, Hub Password.
4) It should look just like a SmartLinc now, and the Hub App should still be working too.

To switch back to the hub image, follow the same steps, but use the Hub image ‘2242-xxx_Web-Alert-Firm2-6_YF_20130219.bin’ which you can find here - http://support.insteon.com/customer/portal/articles/1639980-fix-for-hub-2242-222-not-linking-to-any-devices-through-app

So that’s all there is to switching to the Hub2SL image, and switching back to the Hub image. Feel free to play with it at that point, try custom commands for your EZFlora, etc.

Now for the more interesting part – data.
1) When you configure a SmartLinc, you setup rooms and scenes, which I assume you are both familiar with.
2) When the Hub App uses the Hub, it also uses those rooms and scenes, but in a much uglier way. Since it stores the scene names on SmartHome's servers, rather than the hub, it doesn’t bother with actually giving the rooms or scenes names in the Hub itself. But as you start poking around in the different rooms and scenes, you’ll see stuff that may look like garbage to you depending on how you look at it. That’s the data the hub app has populated.
3) If you try to continue to use the SmartLinc interface, and the Hub App, you’re going to run into issues. You’ll likely want to use a room/scene where the hub already has some data, or you’ll setup a scene in the SmartLinc interface, and the hub could overwrite it if you add something in the hub app.

So now it’s time to make a decision, do you want a hub, or a SmartLinc?
You should have been able to switch to the Hub2SL image, and test it out, and see if that’s going to work for you.
If not, then no big deal, switch back to the Hub image, and keep using it as a hub.

But if you’re ready to give up the hub app, and use it as a SmartLinc, then it’s time to do some cleanup.
This is going to mean losing everything you setup in the hub app, and deleting your hub account.
You could always switch to using it as a hub in the future, but you’d need to setup a new account, and add all your devices again.

One more caveat with using this as a SmartLinc, it will not support an online account like you use with the Hub. So you will need to setup port forwarding in your router, and know what your external IP is to use it from the internet. Pretty standard stuff, but want to make sure you’re not surprised. SmartHome had added an online account system for the SmartLinc, where it would automatically be able to connect you to your SmartLinc, based on updates your SmartLinc would send to SmartHome. This will not work with that.

So once you are sure the Hub really does suck, and was the first product to actually make the SmartLinc look like a well thought out product, and you are ready to delete all your hub data and start over configuring everything like it’s a SmartLinc…
*** this is going to erase everything you have setup ***
You can also find these instructions here - http://www.insteon.com/pdf/2242-x22.pdf
1) Delete your hub account
-- a. In the Hub app on your mobile device
-- b. Go to Settings -> Edit Settings
-- c. At the bottom of the page select Delete Account
2) Factory Reset the Hub
-- a. Unplug the hub power
-- b. Press and hold the set button on the hub – it’s recessed in the back, near the power cord.
-- c. While still holding the button, plug it back in, and keep holding the button
-- d. Keep holding the button until the beep stops.
3) You Hub should now be like you just got it out of the box.

Now you get to setup your brand new SmartLinc. Congrats!
Hopefully this part is familiar to you guys.
Keep in mind this is still a hub, to find the IP address/port of your hub - http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp
That should get you the info you need to get started.
1) Click on the link provided from that page, that will take you to your ‘SmartLinc’
2) Follow normal SmartLinc instruction to configure the following:
-- a. IP Address/Port
-- b. User/Password
-- c. Time zone/Clock
-- d. Set the House name
-- e. Etc.
3) Make it available from the internet
-- a. This is not going to support having a SmartHome online SmartLinc account
-- b. You will need to setup port forwarding in your home router to make it accessible
-- c. Consider using dynamic DNS (I don’t, I find my IP rarely changes)
4) Add devices
5) Install the SmartLinc mobile app if you want.
-- a. You want to install ‘Insteon for SmartLinc’, NOT ‘Insteon for Hub’
-- b. Open the App
-- c. I think the first time it will prompt you with the options “I’m a new user” or “I’m an existing user”
---- i. Otherwise find the option for ‘add SmartLinc’
-- d. Select “I’m an existing user”. You aren’t, but you need to select this option
---- i. Again this hub will not work with the SmartHome SmartLinc online accounts.
-- e. At the bottom of the page you will see ‘advanced connect’ that’s what you want.
-- f. Then enter the IP and Port for your SmartLinc.
---- i. If you already setup port forwarding, use the external/public IP/Port (it will automatically figure out the local one)
---- ii. Otherwise, enter the local IP/Port (you’ll need to redo it later for public, but no big deal)
-- g. Hit connect
-- h. If you setup a username/password, you will need to enter them
-- i. The app will download all the devices you configured.
-- j. Enjoy.

One last thing… if you aren’t using HouseLinc, you should. It’s free, and you if you have more than a few devices, makes things SOOO much easier.

Edited by - jtempleton on 10/18/2014 1:14:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  07:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jt...thank you VERY MUCH, i'll give it a try today and let you know the results.

thanks again

fiddletownrob

Edited by - fiddletownrob on 10/18/2014 07:51:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  8:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

jt...here's a quick update...I haven't had time to complete the process and confirm ezflora works yet but...

1) switched from the Hub image to the Hub2SL image...works as advertised. Web app. looks just like a SmartLinc, and the Hub App (on Android devise) still works too.

quote:
2) When the Hub App uses the Hub, it also uses those rooms and scenes, but in a much uglier way. Since it stores the scene names on SmartHome's servers, rather than the hub, it doesn’t bother with actually giving the rooms or scenes names in the Hub itself. But as you start poking around in the different rooms and scenes, you’ll see stuff that may look like garbage to you depending on how you look at it. That’s the data the hub app has populated.

Confirmed...lots of "junk" populated in SmartLinc web app so I switched back to the Hub image ‘2242-xxx_Web-Alert-Firm2-6_YF_20130219.bin’ and everything is back to "normal" on the Hub web page.

Tried to download and run the Smartlinc android app but got the message "Error: No information is found for the provided username and password." when I tried to log in.

will try again tomorrow, may have to go the full monty and delete all the "Hub" data....

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  08:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind you won't be able to 'login' to the SmartLinc Mobile App. That login is not actually into your SmartLinc/hub, it's into some SmartHome servers, which try to locate your SmartLinc for you.

Instead, have the SmartLinc App connect directly to your hub. This should work fine, without having to delete all the Hub data, but again, you may see a lot of that hub data show up in the SmartLinc app.

When adding the SmartLinc to the Mobile app...
1) Click on 'I'm an EXISTING User'
2) Do not enter login information, instead click on 'Advanced Connect'
3) Enter IP/Port (public if you have it, otherwise local)
4) Click Connect
5) At this point you might be prompted for the Hub/SmartLinc password (the same one you used to access the web pages)

Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  09:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jt...tried the following and found some "issues", probably something I missed in your instructions.

1) loaded Smartlinc .bin = OK
2) access "Smartlinc/Hub" via web page = OK
3) used web interface to control a table lamp = on/off ok but no status indicator
4) added ezflora to "Smartlinc/Hub", on/off apparently not working and as with the table lamp, no status indicator.

thanks for you advice....

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2014 :  7:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob, for that table lamp, in the scene config, you set the 'Status Device ID' to the id (XX.XX.XX) of the table lamp, and checked 'report status'? Is the status not working in the web app, mobile app, or both?

For the EZFlora, you don't just link it, and SmartLinc will not show status for EZFlora. You have to use 'custom commands' to setup the controls for the various functions (valve 1, valve 2, program 1, etc). It was the lack of 'custom commands' in the hub that everyone was complaining about. Not sure if you used EZFlora on SmartLinc before? In any case, plenty of resources showing how to do this.

This should help: http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/EZFlora-SmartLinc.pdf
That only lists the commands for the valves. This shows all the commands http://smartenit.com/sandbox/downloads/EZFlora_Command_Set.pdf, but may be a bit confusing to you.
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  6:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jt....

quote:

Rob, for that table lamp, in the scene config, you set the 'Status Device ID' to the id (XX.XX.XX) of the table lamp, and checked 'report status'? Is the status not working in the web app, mobile app, or both?

yes, the ID and "report status" are the table lamp's and the "report status" box is checked. The status is not working on the web app. (I haven't tried the mobile app. yet since I understand that I'll need to delete my HUB account, etc. before doing so).

quote:
For the EZFlora, you don't just link it, and SmartLinc will not show status for EZFlora. You have to use 'custom commands' to setup the controls for the various functions (valve 1, valve 2, program 1, etc). It was the lack of 'custom commands' in the hub that everyone was complaining about. Not sure if you used EZFlora on SmartLinc before? In any case, plenty of resources showing how to do this.

This should help: http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/EZFlora-SmartLinc.pdf
That only lists the commands for the valves. This shows all the commands http://smartenit.com/sandbox/downloads/EZFlora_Command_Set.pdf, but may be a bit confusing to you.

Thanks for the links above, if I have time I'll try it tonight again using this info to set up an new room then post another update.

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  7:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob, if you get a chance, go to /b.xml?01=XX=F
Where XX is the room number with your table lamp.
Send me the output, and let me know which scene number is your table lamp, as well as the insteon ID for the table lamp.

I should be able to tell from that if it's the Hub App that's messing with the status data. I only tried testing status after I had done a factory reset on my Hub. So not sure if that's what's causing the issue for you.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  08:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Rob, if you get a chance, go to /b.xml?01=XX=F
Where XX is the room number with your table lamp.
Send me the output, and let me know which scene number is your table lamp, as well as the insteon ID for the table lamp.

I should be able to tell from that if it's the Hub App that's messing with the status data. I only tried testing status after I had done a factory reset on my Hub. So not sure if that's what's causing the issue for you.

Thanks!

jt...sorry but I don't know what you mean by "go to /b.xml?01=XX=F".

Working on another attempt to assign the study light to an "empty" room and get status reporting to work...will post results later

fiddletownrob

Edited by - fiddletownrob on 10/24/2014 09:47:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  09:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, let me know how it goes with the empty room.
I meant http://hubip:hubport/b.xml?01=XX=F
Just one of the pages on the hub. Replace the XX with the room number.
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  10:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, let me know how it goes with the empty room.
I meant http://hubip:hubport/b.xml?01=XX=F
Just one of the pages on the hub. Replace the XX with the room number.

jt...

I installed the table lamp in Room 10…the On/Off works ok but Status only shows “off” - I’d insert a screen shot but can’t figure out how to do so in this forum :(.

I also installed the EZFlora in Room 9 per the directions you posted. Doesn’t seem to be working yet [I’m going to hook up a 24v light bulb to the EZFlora so I can move it into the same room with my computer so I can readily see if it’s responding]. Also below is the print out from room 9:

Study-Table Lamp @ http://192.168.0.2:25105/b.xml?01=10=F:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
-<Bs>
<S D="28.8A.1F.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="3F"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
</Bs>

EZFlora: @ http://192.168.0.2:25105/b.xml?01=09=F
-<Bs>
<S D="28.AC.0F.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.F0"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="00.00.00.00"/>
<S D="1F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="2F"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
<S D="EF"/>
</Bs>

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  11:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rob, so the table lamp is 28.8A.1F ?
Based on the data you sent, status should work fine in the mobile app.
As for the web app reporting the wrong status (it helped knowing that it reported wrong status rather than no status)...
Can you hit /sx.xml?288A1F=1900
That will report the status of the table lamp, send me the output with both the lamp on, and off.

For the EZFlora, valve 1, here's the on/off commands you should be using. Please confirm.
On - 026228AC0F0F4000
Off - 026228AC0F0F4100

If that's not working (I just tested it with mine, worked fine). Add another scene named 'Inhibit' to that room.
On - 026228AC0F0F4403
Off - 026228AC0F0F4404

Turn inhibit off, then try turning valve 1 on again. Inhibit is a feature in the EZFlora, which disables it from accepting commands to turn valves or programs on. It's useful if you want to disable the sprinklers for some reason. If it somehow got turned on, it would explain why you can't get the valves to turn on.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

jtempleton
Average Member

98 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  12:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob, here's a new version image... http://www.filedropper.com/hub2slv1-1

I was checking to see if the device was on, if so showing it on, if not showing it off. The issue with this is if the status could not be retrieved (signal issue, device unplugged, wrong status ID, etc), I was improperly showing the status as off.

Not sure is this was the problem you were having with the table lamp status.

I changed it to get the status, if it's on then show on, off then show off, otherwise show neither. So if the status can not be obtained, it will not show off.

Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  1:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks Rob, so the table lamp is 28.8A.1F ?
Based on the data you sent, status should work fine in the mobile app.
As for the web app reporting the wrong status (it helped knowing that it reported wrong status rather than no status)...
Can you hit /sx.xml?288A1F=1900
That will report the status of the table lamp, send me the output with both the lamp on, and off.

STUDY LAMP UPDATE:

MY BAD…I entered the wrong lamp ID in the report status box, it should have been 26.8A.1F.

HOWEVER…after correcting my mistake and changing it to 26.8A.1F the Smartlinc WEB app. Still reports “OFF”

Here’s the “hit” with the lamp ON:

-<Xs>
<X D="268A1F2500FE"/>
</Xs>

Here’s the “hit” with the lamp OFF:

-<Xs>
<X D="268A1F250000"/>
</Xs>

FYI: Some other items I’ve tried with the study lamp:
Configuration: Hub with Smartlinc .bin file loaded
Without changing any configurations I can totally control my study lamp with:
1. the Smartlinc WEB application [status now stuck “ON”]
2. the HUB “Insteon for Browser beta” WEB application [status reports correctly]
3. the HUB Android application [status reports correctly],
4. Houselink [status reports correctly], and
5. Old “Radio Shack” X-10 controller (code A2)

quote:

For the EZFlora, valve 1, here's the on/off commands you should be using. Please confirm.
On - 026228AC0F0F4000
Off - 026228AC0F0F4100

If that's not working (I just tested it with mine, worked fine). Add another scene named 'Inhibit' to that room.
On - 026228AC0F0F4403
Off - 026228AC0F0F4404

Turn inhibit off, then try turning valve 1 on again. Inhibit is a feature in the EZFlora, which disables it from accepting commands to turn valves or programs on. It's useful if you want to disable the sprinklers for some reason. If it somehow got turned on, it would explain why you can't get the valves to turn on.

Thanks!

With regard to the EZFlora Valve 1 (ID: 28.AC.0F):

I’m able to activate Valve 1 using my “Radio Shack” X-10 controller (code A1) so I know the EZFlora is working…

Using the Smartlinc WEB application, again MY BAD. I had a missing “0F” in my custom command strings:

ON Custom command I have installed: 026228AC0F4000
Should Be: 026228AC0F0F4000
OFF Custom command I have installed: 026228AC0F4100
Should Be: 026228AC0F0F4100

When I corrected this custom string the Smartlinc WEB app controls the EZFlora as advertised -- still not showing status.

Sorry for the mess ups….

By the way, the “Inhibit” function works as you indicated.

Here’s the “hit” with the EZFlora ON:

-<Xs>
<X D="28AC0F252001"/>
</Xs>

Here’s the “hit” with the EZFlora OFF:

-<Xs>
<X D="28AC0F252001"/>
</Xs>

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  1:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was checking to see if the device was on, if so showing it on, if not showing it off. The issue with this is if the status could not be retrieved (signal issue, device unplugged, wrong status ID, etc), I was improperly showing the status as off.

I changed it to get the status, if it's on then show on, off then show off, otherwise show neither. So if the status can not be obtained, it will not show off.

just saw this, i'll give it a try now

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page

fiddletownrob

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2014 :  1:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fiddletownrob

quote:

just saw this, i'll give it a try now

filedropper seems to be down right now, I can't access it. will try later

fiddletownrob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page