Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Hub App and MorningLinc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EdDixon
Average Member

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This combo fails for the OFF command. On works but OFF fails. To work correctly OFF requires a fast off rather than a regular off.

The SmartHome internet web version works correctly as does HouseLinc.

This is for the iPhone Insteon app when used with the new hub.

Ed

Edited by - EdDixon on 12/05/2013 7:31:39 PM

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  9:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a user-to-user forum, that kind of feedback might get missed here. Can you send that info to the programming staff using the feedback tool built into the app? Touch the gear icon, Edit Settings, About App, Feedback.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

EdDixon
Average Member

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  03:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did that before this post. thanks.

Ed
Go to Top of Page

planeman
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  5:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When can we expect this to be fixed? Ridiculous how long this has been broken now.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  6:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It isn't actually broken. What you observe is due to the fact that the Hub app doesn't support all Insteon devices yet, including the MorningLinc, IRLincs, the SynchroLinc, the iMeter Solo, and Insteon Mini Remotes.

The Hub app is still in active development, so I would expect new devices to be supported as the app matures. If you can accept mentally substituting On when you actually mean Lock, and fast Off when you actually mean Unlock, you can use these as a work-around until formal support is added. If you need accurate nomenclature and support for these devices immediately, you would want to return the Hub and choose an ISY instead as your central controller of choice.

Go to Top of Page

planeman
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  08:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Understood. I'm alright having on be Lock and off be unlock but that's part of my issue. I cannot get off (Not sure what Fast Off is) to work as the unlock. Do you have step by step instructions on this or some guide. Right now I have on mapped to lock and it works fine but unlock I cannot get to work.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  08:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To send a fast off signal from the Hub (or any device), quickly double-tap Off. With most Insteon gear, a fast off signal will turn linked responders off immediately regardless of their programmed level or ramp rate.

If the Morning Industries lock was secured manually or via another remote or key or switch, putting the lock in the opposite state from what the MorningLinc thinks it is, you may have to toggle the lock to the opposite state first before it will send the intended signal.

Go to Top of Page

planeman
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  09:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it thanks. I found that you actually have to go into the details (hit the +) and then do that fast off. The double tap is not working on the quick screen.
Go to Top of Page

chezchic
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  01:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just picked up a used MorningLinc and MiLock and was having the same issue (Off not working unless double hitting from the details) with the 2012 Hub and the Android app, added as an "Other INSTEON Device". Without unlinking (which failed, BTW) I re-added the ML using the regular "Plug In Module" (duh, it IS a plug in module after all) using the Insteon ID and it added and even went through the 10 step communications test and then presented the device page that I had created originally. I saved it as is and now the On and Off work properly without having to go to details and do the double tap. YAY!
Go to Top of Page

chezchic
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  02:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also added it to my the my openHAB setup (www.openHAB.org ... so good) as a regular Insteon On-Off switch

{ insteonplm="XX.XX.XX:F00.00.02#switch"}

and it's working like a charm.

For those of you who feel limited by the Insteon app (probably everyone nowadays LOL), especially now that Insteon's been sold and things are going to be changing (the newer MiLock Door Lock Controller has been discontinued BTW), I'd like to suggest openHAB as a way to go multi-platform, preserving your existing Insteon investment and allowing you to go in any direction that makes sense into the future. It's an open-source product that is maturing well and faster than any of the alternatives IMHO.

I use the Insteon app with the hub to do the device linking and as a backup to my raspberry pi openHAB server and they seem to cohabitate well enough.

Edited by - chezchic on 12/22/2017 02:11:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jtmoderate876

36 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  08:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you find that, if you use the OpenHAB with the hub (2245-222 I'm assuming) it can corrupt things unless you:
- shut off openHAB first,
- do any linking or hub programming changes,
- then restart OpenHAB
?

I was getting corruption (linking not working, wrong links, garage turning on with family room switch and that sort of thing) that I THINK was occurring because I forgot to turn off my openhab when I modified a hub link or setting from the Insteon for Hub app).
Go to Top of Page

ralphie

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2017 :  06:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My MiLock door was working great as far as on/off but the I switched the hub and the off does not always work. I am going to try adding it as a "Plug In Module" and see how that works.

Tbanks..

"the newer MiLock Door Lock Controller has been discontinued BTW" Wow...

"especially now that Insteon's been sold and things are going to be changing " is this going to be a good thing?

You can not change the past, but you can influence the future
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page