Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Home Automation Hub
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gingerbreadman1515
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  12:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I was looking for a efficient Home Automation Hub for my home. I was flooded with so many options to choose from and that is when I stumbled across this new Home Automation Hub called B.One. It has its own eco system of products.
It can control motion sensors, security cameras, smoke detectors and also devices like old TV's & music systems via a simple application or by voice commands.
This surely did catch my attention. Could someone give feedback regarding this product?
Thank You.

Edited by - gingerbreadman1515 on 11/12/2015 12:14:03 AM

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10827 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  07:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't actually exist, not as something you can read an actual user review about or go to a Best Buy to order. So far, it's just an idea someone has for a future product.
Go to Top of Page

ddream
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2015 :  01:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ,Home Automation Hub is only a machine or a camera which has motion sensors? You'd better to make it clearly .
Go to Top of Page

gingerbreadman1515
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2015 :  12:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, This product, B.One does seem worth the wait. Doesn't it? I'm new to Home Automation.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2015 :  7:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It may be worth the wait. Usually that means that you know when it'll be ready and you're willing to wait. In this case not only do you not know, but the product may never be brought to market. Still want to wait?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

Mindy_Wei
Starting Member

China
1 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2015 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mindy_Wei's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know a product with security cameras and smoke detectors. It's Vigek smart smoke alarm. You can get alerts and real-time view from your phone. You can search for it.
Go to Top of Page

DanSands
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  03:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mindy_Wlei

I know a product with security cameras and smoke detectors. It's Vigek smart smoke alarm. You can get alerts and real-time view from your phone. You can search for it.

I've used Vigeks detectors and they're not that great imo. Didn't work as they were supposed to.

Edited by - DanSands on 02/25/2020 02:16:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  09:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanSands

I've used Vigeks detectors and they're not that great imo. Didn't work as they were supposed to.

That's somewhat vague. Can you be more specific?

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

imazman
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2020 :  05:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using Vera (Google Vera home automation controller) for 8 years now. I comes with a lot of headaches until you get it all set up. They stopped supporting my version after 5 years but it since I don't need to add more devices I don't need to touch it. It is a small device that looks like a wireless router. But it is fairly reasonably priced give the expensive PC versions. I have zwave light switches, outlet plugs, energy monitor, smoke alarm, IR blaster for old VCR & DVD...and it works with Alexa.
If I decide to enhance my home will I go with Vera again? I don't know, I will research what else is out there, but Vera will have an advantage with my decision.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page