Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 Smart Vacuums?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeff G
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  5:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know if anyone here has researched home automation and vacuums?

I found this tonight:
http://robot-vacuum-review.toptenreviews.com/neato-botvac-review.html
quote:
As technology advances, our homes get smarter with each new device we add to it. The Neato Botvac Connected is one of those smart home additions that let you clean smarter, not harder. This robot vacuum connects to your Wi-Fi at home and creates a connection with the Neato app you download to your smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android, only), and it gives you 100 percent control over your robot. - See more at: http://robot-vacuum-review.toptenreviews.com/neato-botvac-review.html#sthash.Va0myEDB.dpuf

I won't assume all smart/robot vacuums have WiFi but it would indeed be interesting to hear what people know is happening in this market.

Can you for example "park" a vacuum under your bed and have it clean on some weekly schedule or remotely activate it when you're not home so that the vacuuming is finished by the time you're home?

Finally, are there any smart vacuums which integrate with any of the existing systems?

-Jeff

JakeMaybrier
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  02:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. There's a massive research here http://tenrows.com/robot-vacuum/.
It covers all the models available now.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc
Advanced Member

USA
3707 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  04:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Roomba 960. Yes, you could park it under a bed (mine is under a different piece of furniture) and yes is cleans on a weekly schedule. Also, you could activate it remotely if you wish.

The only existing system I own that it integrates with is an echo, but it may be able to communicate with the ISY controller network module directly if I dig deep enough, but this has little value to me.
Go to Top of Page

davidhoggeman
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  01:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oberkc

I have a Roomba 960. Yes, you could park it under a bed (mine is under a different piece of furniture) and yes is cleans on a weekly schedule. Also, you could activate it remotely if you wish.

The only existing system I own that it integrates with is an echo, but it may be able to communicate with the ISY controller network module directly if I dig deep enough, but this has little value to me.

Have you used some other Roomba models? In fact, I'm on my way to buying one for my mom, but still, I have some doubts How long can this thing work without recharging? I mean the real time. And how does it work on different floor types?
Go to Top of Page

HelgaRegen
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2017 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davidhoggeman

Have you used some other Roomba models? In fact, I'm on my way to buying one for my mom, but still, I have some doubts How long can this thing work without recharging? I mean the real time. And how does it work on different floor types?

I had Roomba once, that was 650 model. Terrible thing that could not work an hour without goin home to have some lunch. In fact, i got rid of it quite soon and know have Braava jet 240. Happy

Edited by - HelgaRegen on 11/16/2017 10:07:50 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page