Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 WiFi sensor with ability to send out HTTP requests
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrew_psch
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2016 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to find wifi sensors (temp, PIR etc) which can be programmed to send out REST/HTTP requests, do you guys know any?

I know that most of wifi sensor solutions work with a wifi hub, which can be programmed, but I'm specifically looking for a solution which does not require any additional hubs for communications.

jonrarine
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  9:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonrarine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm John, I've used WiFi Sensor Service for years. I have more work than office and different business company. A wireless sensor is a device that can collect sensory information and detect changes in the local environment. Sensors are designed to measure specific parameters about their physical surroundings and produce output, often electrical signals, for further processing. These parameters include many different types of stimuli, including air temperature, light level, speed, and liquid leakage.

UbIbot
Go to Top of Page

Victor M
Starting Member

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2022 :  02:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also hear about this type of transmission but am not much aware of it working
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly