Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 SceneFlow - New Insteon App
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  1:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've been an Insteon user for about 2 years and I love the switches and wall plugs. I wanted a better app experience so I decided to create a new one.

SceneFlow is a simple and elegant home automation app that makes it easy for you to manage all your connected devices in one place. Control Insteon lights, switches, and sensors.

Features:

• It is simple and intuitive - making home automation seamless for anyone

• An elegant user experience, reflecting the investment you've made in your connect home

• Personalized Home screen can display any devices, scenes or rooms for quick access

• Customizable wallpaper, includes beautiful high resolution photography

• Fast and responsive, all processing is local when you're at home

Best of all, it's available for FREE in the App Store for iPhone. Works with Insteon hub 2245-222.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sceneflow/id1118095312?mt=8

As a firm believer in the connected home, it's great to finally introduce an app that will help improve the way we interact with our home.

Feedback and feature requests are welcomed.

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2372 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  09:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've haven't had the chance to review your App but wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to develop and offer the same for free to the community.

Thank You Sir!

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  11:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EVIL Teken

I've haven't had the chance to review your App but wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to develop and offer the same for free to the community.

Thank You Sir!

Thanks for the kind words! Insteon (and others) make really great hardware, but I think there's room for a more engaging experience - this will hopefully draw more people into the connected home.
Go to Top of Page

lakeguy
Average Member

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2016 :  06:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't suppose you plan on an Android version (he says hopefully)?
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2016 :  06:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lakeguy

I don't suppose you plan on an Android version (he says hopefully)?

Yes! I'd like to release the Android phone and tablet version at the same time. It's a little more work, but I think it'll be worth the wait
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  10:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SceneFlow now has native iPad support that takes advantage of larger tablet screens. Works in both landscape and portrait mode and includes a screen rotation lock under the Settings tab.
Go to Top of Page

vinospam
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  06:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Started using SceneFlow. Its a good first start. There are some bugs but its a far better interface than Insteon!
Go to Top of Page

Radar103

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  5:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the app to try on my iPad Pro 9.7 but it will not log into my hub.

Just FYI, besides the new 2245-222 Hub for Amazon Alexa, there is still an older 2242-222 Hub on my system running most of my scenes. I'm wondering if your SceneFlow doesn't know which one to connect to. In the Insteon App for the Hub I can select which house (hub) I want to connect to.
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  08:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinospam

Started using SceneFlow. Its a good first start. There are some bugs but its a far better interface than Insteon!

Thanks, I fixed a bunch of bug in the last release. If you're still seeing issues, let me know and I'll get them fixed.
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  08:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Radar103

I downloaded the app to try on my iPad Pro 9.7 but it will not log into my hub.

Just FYI, besides the new 2245-222 Hub for Amazon Alexa, there is still an older 2242-222 Hub on my system running most of my scenes. I'm wondering if your SceneFlow doesn't know which one to connect to. In the Insteon App for the Hub I can select which house (hub) I want to connect to.

I'm assuming there's only one hub per account. I'll work on fixing that for next release.
Go to Top of Page

Brandt

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  9:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SceneFlow, I'm the iOS developer at Insteon. I'd love to chat with you about your app.

iOS Developer
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  8:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brandt

SceneFlow, I'm the iOS developer at Insteon. I'd love to chat with you about your app.

Hey Brandt, looking forward to it!

I don't see a PM option available here, so send me an email and we can arrange a time to talk. I can be reached at [email protected]
Go to Top of Page

glen.holmes

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  08:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will SceneFlow work with the ISY994i?

quote:
Originally posted by sceneflow

I've been an Insteon user for about 2 years and I love the switches and wall plugs. I wanted a better app experience so I decided to create a new one.

SceneFlow is a simple and elegant home automation app that makes it easy for you to manage all your connected devices in one place. Control Insteon lights, switches, and sensors.

Features:

• An elegant user experience, reflecting the investment you've made in your connect home

• Personalized Home screen can display any devices, scenes or rooms for quick access

Best of all, it's available for FREE in the App Store for iPhone. Works with Insteon hub 2245-222.

As a firm believer in the connected home, it's great to finally introduce an app that will help improve the way we interact with our home.

Glen Holmes
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glen.holmes

Will SceneFlow work with the ISY994i?

quote:

Features:

Hey Glen,
Not at the moment, but I will look at adding support if there's enough interest from the community.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2372 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  8:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe you will see great reception, feedback, and traction, if you decide to develop a robust smart application that can take advantage of the ISY Series Controller. Also, I truly believe if you used this custom HAD interface to update the ISY Series Controller to offer more than what is available or to compliment the existing Admin Console the heavens would open and rain down gold bars upon your head: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Home_Automation_Dashboard

Please consider reviewing the link to the HAD interface and considering making a 2017 Smart Application for the ISY Series Controller.

Developer EDOC's for the controller: http://www.universal-devices.com/isy-developers/

Thank You!

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.

Edited by - EVIL Teken on 12/11/2016 8:38:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

sceneflow
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  11:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I believe you will see great reception, feedback, and traction, if you decide to develop a robust smart application that can take advantage of the ISY Series Controller. Also, I truly believe if you used this custom HAD interface to update the ISY Series Controller to offer more than what is available or to compliment the existing Admin Console the heavens would open and rain down gold bars upon your head: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Home_Automation_Dashboard

Please consider reviewing the link to the HAD interface and considering making a 2017 Smart Application for the ISY Series Controller.

Developer EDOC's for the controller: http://www.universal-devices.com/isy-developers/

Thank You!

How can I not consider it after a post like that! I've only heard good things about the ISY hub, but wasn't sure about the size of the user base. I'll definitely take a look at the docs and see what can be done.

I'm doing my best to finish the Android app before Christmas, so I'll spend some time reviewing the ISY over the holidays.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2372 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  1:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thank You!

How can I not consider it after a post like that! I've only heard good things about the ISY hub, but wasn't sure about the size of the user base. I'll definitely take a look at the docs and see what can be done.

I'm doing my best to finish the Android app before Christmas, so I'll spend some time reviewing the ISY over the holidays.

Speaking for myself and many others we thank you for taking the time to consider this area of development. Please note you can engage Michel the CEO about developer discounts for the hardware and software plugins.

The company is extremely open, active, and encourages third party development support for their platform. I would be eager to assist in any Alpha / Beta trials for iOS and for the HAD interface for the ISY Series Controller.

Please attach this URL reference to any correspondence with UDI to speed up the process.

Thank you so very much and Merry X-MAS to you and yours!

Teken . . .

Go to Top of Page

FloridaGary
Average Member

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  9:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sceneflow - I have the original Hub and although your App recognizes my devices, I am unable to control my lighting. Is this app compatible with the original Hub?

Let there be light!
Go to Top of Page

shdwlynx

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  06:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Five years later and your iOS app looks very nice! Still no love for Android, though. Any plans to add that in the near future?

- John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page