Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Problem with Insteon Camera
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smokegrub
Average Member

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  08:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I powered on one of my Insteon Cameras (model 2864-222) which perviously worked fine. I attempted to access it, as always, using its IP. The screen loaded to the point where i enter my credentials. On that screen was a message that said I needed to download a plug-in. I clicked on the message, downloaded the plug-in and installed it. When I then attempted to access the camera I was returned to the same screen saying I needed to download and install a plug-in. I was using Safari running on a MacBook Pro with Yosemite (10.10.5). I then switched to Firefox and went through the same drill and got the same outcome. I then tried accessing the camera using the IP Camera Tool (0.0.0.1). The camera appeared in the list of cameras but I got the same result when I attempted to access it. I then tried to access an older model Insteon Camera and I successfully accessed it using both its IP and the IP Camera Tool. I then tried accessing both cameras using MobiLinc and did so successfully. So, the problem with accessing the Insteon Camera (model 2864-222) is only on my Mac using either the IP or IP Camera Tool. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  4:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's currently a known problem with Insteon HD cameras. Like many others, I'm awaiting a fix. Call support, complain.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

smokegrub
Average Member

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  7:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Stu. At least now I will not be "chasing my tail" on this one. I am not happy with the HD camera. It was difficult to set up and has been problematic. Now, I can't access it with the IP Camera Tool. Bummer! I will contact Smarthome.
Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  5:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have two IP cameras # 75790. Can't access IP Camera Tool to change motion detection settings. Had set ID and PW for each camera. Worked ok for a while. Now, when I try to access Camera Tool my ID and PW are rejected. No obvious way to recover password or change it so I can use Camera Tool. Any thoughts/
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  6:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rlc6

Have two IP cameras # 75790. Can't access IP Camera Tool to change motion detection settings. Had set ID and PW for each camera. Worked ok for a while. Now, when I try to access Camera Tool my ID and PW are rejected. No obvious way to recover password or change it so I can use Camera Tool. Any thoughts/

Factory reset.

Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  04:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have hub 2245-222. Will I have to set up port forwarding again? Insteon tech said that they no longer provide phone support for IP camera.
Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  04:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where can I find instructions for a factory reset?
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6018 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  07:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The #75790 manual has the Restore Factory instructions.
http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/75790.pdf

The 2245-222 Hub has the factory and network reset information in its full manual.
http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2245-222-en-060316.pdf

Edited by - BLH on 04/12/2017 07:20:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

smokegrub
Average Member

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2017 :  05:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I contacted Smarthome re: the inability to access the IP Camera Tool following installation of the required plug-in's. Here is their reply: "Thank you for contacting Smarthome. The issue is with the plug in (at least it is with Firefox, they have disabled the plugin in the newest version). After you install the plug ins through Safari, you will need to completely restart the Safari browser and then re-launch it to have the plugins install correctly. Please advise."
I followed these instructions and attempted to access the Camera Tool with both. Both failed. I updated Smarthome re: my results.
Go to Top of Page

LowestHungarian
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  11:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Internet Explorer still handles the required plug-in somewhat gracefully for the time being. I was able to use the HD camera tooling through IE just fine after the Firefox upgrade disabled the functionality. It may ask you in the lower pane to disable add-ons or plug-ins, so you have to override that.
Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  06:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the course of resetting 75790 camera using HUB 2245-222, I lost port forwarding ability. how do I restore that ability? I use a Netgear router.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  2:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The camera has no ability to forward a port, only use one. Which Netgear router?

Go to Top of Page

kioolt

27 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  5:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will need to log into your router to find out which port was previously set for your camera. Once you find that you will need to log into your camera and set that port as your port number. There will be a space for it in the network section I believe. I think they default to port 80 when reset. DO NOT try to set port 80 up for port forwarding in your router.

I'm no expert at this but I believe I have set you in the right direction.
Go to Top of Page

kioolt

27 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  6:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your username and password on your Netgear router haven't been changed from default then they will be

Username = admin
Password = password
Go to Top of Page

LowestHungarian
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  8:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stusviews

quote:
Originally posted by rlc6

Factory reset.

I have had this issue also, and I'm not sure what changed but I figured out I could resolve it through a factory reset then used a 'simple' password. I used 8 characters all caps, and my cameras are now able to launch the web pages to adjust the camera settings.

Either my password length or the use of a special character upset the system somehow, but it's back to working (and now I will reset all my cameras )
Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  3:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my 75790 cameras stopped working. Can't even get it to do a self test by unplugging it for a minute and then reinserting power cord. Is it kaput or is there a remedy for this/
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10737 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  4:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does power on if you move the camera to the location of another 75790 and plug it into its power supply?

If so, check for a worn power outlet at the original location, a tripped breaker, a switched outlet that's been switched off, or an expired power supply.
Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  7:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried several functioning outlets with same result.Not a power supply problem.
Go to Top of Page

rlc6

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also tried factory reset. No self test.
Go to Top of Page

dmurrell
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  2:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I have solved the Plug In Issue with Firefox. If you download and install the 32bit Extended Service Release of the current Firefox version you can access your cameras again. Unfortunately this work around will only work until Q2 2018 according to Firefox!

For more info on the ESR, go to Menu > Add-Ons > Plug Ins in your upgraded version of Firefox.

Also be sure to hope and pray that the Plug Ins get updated in the near future!
Go to Top of Page

chuckrdo
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  3:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I have an issue with my 75790 rebooting all the time, and I need some help. Let me give you a little history. Have three cameras set up, one outdoor one (Foscam FI9803) and two indoor 75790. Had a power outage, and came home to both 75790's continuously rebooting. Nothing wrong with the Foscam.
Error message on both 75790's was subnet doesn't match, and I had to factory reset the one, and the other had the power supply light was flashing. One is now working fine after setting it back up within my network, but the other, even with a brand new power supply, continues to try and reboot with it stopping halfway through the cycle only to repeat over and over. I can log into it for a short time, but there isn't any view from the camera and trying to work within the device maintenance is always cut short by the reboot process. Any thoughts? Is the camera fubar'd? I'm wondering the power outage (spike maybe?) somewhat fried it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page