Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Can't get IP Cameras to work reliably.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FalkTheHawk
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  4:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I set 5 Outdoor cameras 2864-232, 2 indoor 2864-222. These were configured via ethernet, and then set up for wifi. I was able to access all 7 cameras via wifi through static ip addresses I configured. Configured the router for portforwarding and was able to access all cameras external to my home network. So far, so good. Access to the cameras from the Insteon App/Hub was very hit or miss, but the browser method/ActiveX (IE) worked.

Not so anymore. Of the original 5 outdoor cameras, only three can be logged onto. The other two won't accept the password, even though all 7 cameras were configured with the same password. They get stuck on the circling dots wait icon. I can ping all 5 outdoor cameras. The two indoor cameras are not even pingable. No response, no nothing. The cameras are about 6 months old. Any suggestions. I have power-cycled all of them.

Should I cat-5e wire all these, is the problem with wireless or is it something inherent to the cameras. I don't want to reset the ones not responding since they are high on the house and I don't feel like climbing up on a ladder to dismount them. The indoor cameras appear dead. The red light is on at the back of each unit, however.

I feeling that the insteon product line is of poor quality.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page