Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Prevention from CO poisoning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ralph Niles
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2017 :  9:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CO is a very poisonous toxic gas that is the byproduct of incomplete combustion. Although it is not toxic to all forms of life, it turns harmful due to binding with hemoglobin. It easily gets absorbed through lungs. Inhaling the gas can lead to hypoxic injury, nervous system damage, and even death.

There are a lot of ways to prevent CO poisoning
1. Install battery back-up CO detector.
2. Do not use portable flameless chemical heaters indoors.
4. Never use a portable gas camp stove indoors.
5. Never burn charcoal indoors.
6. Have your chimney checked or cleaned every year.

These are just a few methods. Likewise, there are lot more ways. It is always better to take prevention from such attacks rather than getting cured of it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07