Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Energy Saving Solutions
 Energy efficient windows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momed1983
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  02:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey pals. We are planning to construct a house near Toronto. This is our dream home and we would like to have an energy efficient home. While researching, I came across an article which describes the benefits of energy efficient windows.
https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/3-financial-benefits-of-energy-efficient-windows/
It says energy efficient windows can keep our home cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Is it true? It would be very helpful if someone could share your experiences.

Edited by - Momed1983 on 10/27/2017 02:29:43 AM

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
789 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  10:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having energy efficient windows is a must these days. I don't know if energy inefficient windows are even manufactured any more. Your link brings up a commercial which gives only general, impossible to argue statements. All they want is for you to buy their windows. Unfortunately, the devil is in the detail and without those details you're flying blind. Basically, you get what you pay for. While several different windows may have the same R value, their quality and life expectancy can differ significantly. Personally, I don't know how much or if there is any reasonable ROI. For me the value, ecological responsibility, comfort (fewer cold or hot spots in the house) and appearance are the decision makers.

GJN
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Johnson
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  9:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upgrading the home with the new energy efficient windows really help in making the home more energy efficient. This saves the energy and the money.
Go to Top of Page

jetfulfilled
Starting Member

Philippines
3 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  11:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, energy efficient windows would make sense.

jetfulfilled
Go to Top of Page

rozaa
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  10:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Momed1983

Hey pals. We are planning to construct a house near Toronto. This is our dream home and we would like to have an energy efficient home. While researching, I came across an article which describes the benefits of energy efficient windows.
https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/3-financial-benefits-of-energy-efficient-windows/
It says energy efficient windows can keep our home cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Is it true? It would be very helpful if someone could share your experiences.

Yes, thats true

Edited by - rozaa on 11/30/2017 02:23:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

affordablewindowsofaz12
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2018 :  8:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit affordablewindowsofaz12's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is so true. Energy efficient windows can allow cool air into the house which keeps the rooms cool and breezy.
Go to Top of Page

liamsmith
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  03:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit liamsmith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Energy efficient window can save a lot of energy as well as lighting cost. Energy efficient Windows provide light, warmth, and ventilation to our homes. Using energy efficient window is worth.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page