Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 6 button KPL "programming"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erodrigu
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  2:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 6 button On/Off KPL that when I push button A, button B turns on. I have a scene programmed to button B but it does not activate it. Scene on B only activates when I push B. I have to manually turn off B, so it does not look like Scene B is on when I push A. I tried to reset the KPL but nothing changes, any ideas. Thanks.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  2:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using an app or other software to program these scenes? Which version, on which platform?

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  2:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What, specifically, did you do to reset the KPL? A factory reset would have deleted all your scenes on that KPL.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  3:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, does the keypad have the default face on it, with one big On button, one big Off, and buttons a-d only?

Go to Top of Page

lilyoyo1

240 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  9:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check your scene. You may have inadvertently added the B button to the A scene for it to turn on.
Go to Top of Page

Erodrigu
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  1:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The issue with the button was present before I started using the ISY 994i for programming. I believe I was testing some sort of keypad programming that would lit more than one button by only pressing one; can't remember. I thought a factory reset would take care of it.

I performed a factory reset to the KPL, but it made no difference.

The default face is on the keypad.

Button A runs the "Security" program that randomly turn on different lights @ different times. Button B is for turning ceiling fans On. When I push A , B turns on but the fans do not run. If I turn B Off, then On, fans will run. That is why so confusing, pushing button A turns B On, but the B scene does not run.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  2:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hold button A for 10 seconds until it starts to flash, that値l put it in linking mode and make the Set button flash green. Let go. Hold button A again for another 10 seconds or so, that値l put it into unlinking mode and will cause the Set button to start flashing red. Now hold button B for 10 seconds. It値l double beep and stop flashing, and the buttons will operate independently.

Go to Top of Page

Erodrigu
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  3:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tfitzpatri8

Hold button A for 10 seconds until it starts to flash, that値l put it in linking mode and make the Set button flash green. Let go. Hold button A again for another 10 seconds or so, that値l put it into unlinking mode and will cause the Set button to start flashing red. Now hold button B for 10 seconds. It値l double beep and stop flashing, and the buttons will operate independently.

Thank you very much. That solved the problem, even though the set button did not flashed green or red. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10615 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2017 :  3:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries, the multi-color Set button LED feature was added later. Good to hear everything is working as expected!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page