Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Security
 Samsung Smart Things Hub
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

josh.cunningham
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  7:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have real world experience with the Samsung Smart Things hub? I'm looking at automating my home for both security and convenience purposes and believe I've narrowed my search down to using the Samsung hub to control everything, but have a few questions that I can't find the answers to online.

Or if anyone has suggestions on a different automation hub that can control door sensors, water sensors, cameras and lights and be accessed from multiple phones I'm all ears.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10643 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  8:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The INSTEON model 2245 Hub has iOS, Android and Windows apps and can send notifications and display statuses from INSTEON door sensors, open/closed sensors, leak sensors, motion sensors, and light and switch dimmers and relays.

The Universal Devices ISY can do all that plus provide local conditional logic that doesn’t rely on internet-based services to function.
Go to Top of Page

josh.cunningham
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2018 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have clarified that I am in Canada and although there is lots of good reviews on the Insteon products I don't see a Canadian distributor anywhere near me. With the way our dollar currently is, it isn't cost effective to order the products from the US.
Go to Top of Page

Geo
Advanced Member

Canada
803 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  05:31:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try Aartech: https://www.aartech.ca/the-aartech-advantage.html
They're located in Oshawa, ON

GJN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic