Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Speakers, A/V & Home Theater
 better to use
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markyboy156
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  12:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my question is i have at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali ikon vokal centre
2 dali zensor 7 as rears
2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
4 dali c1 atmos modules
i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
sony x800 4k player
blue jeans speaker cables belden 5000ue
4 svs pb13 ultra subs
a playstation 4 pro a sky 4k silver box a virginmedia v6 box a high end pc
a wii u
xbox one x scorpio edition
nvidia shield console
marantz 7011 amp
mini dsp 2x4 to connect all 4 subs to the amp
antimode 8033 to balance the subs out for optimum performance
blue sound node 2 streamer
music fidelity m3i integrated amplifier
Formuler Z7+ UHD 4K Android 7 Media Streamer IPTV Receiver with WiFi box
emotiva upa-1 monoblocks for the centre and for the rears and extra rears

I bi-amp my main speakers with the MF and the Crown amps, with the MF on the HF and the Crown on the LF where power demands are higher.
Marantz 701 to the integrated amp using the left and right pre-outs from the AVR into the HT bypass / AV input of the integrated amp
connect the analog outputs on the streamer, to an analog input on the integrated amp.
this gives me even better superior sound than the 7011 for streaming music
i have a very large audio cd collection

my main question is if i was to change the crown 1002 amp that i have on the lower frequencies of the 2 main front speakers to a nad 375bee do you think this would increase the performance
or would i be better of changing the 2 intergrated amplifiers i have on the high frequencies and low frequencies to a nad 375bee on the high frequencies and a nad 275bee on the low frequencies

also is there a device i can add to boost the 4 subwoofers performance instead of connecting them to the subwoofer outputs of the marantz 7011 then be able to connect the device to the marantz 7011 than

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  3:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're serious about bass, then nothing outperforms a Surefire subwoofer. Due to size restrictions, I chose an 8" sub (HRS-8). It outperforms any high end subwoofer I've ever owned even those much, much larger. This little sub has a 1000 watt amp. You can definitely feel the bass throughout your body and bones. From rap to classical, the boom is there, clean as can be.

My entire system is legacy, but definitely upscale, all McIntosh,(MC2200 amp, C28 preamplifier, ST80 FM tuner, ST500 FM tuner, MCD7800 CD changer, CR7 remote control system), all powered through a Furman M-80x line conditioner.

BTW, the left/right speakers, also legacy, are Acoustic Research AR48S, 2 pairs stacked vertically (securely).

Based on your budget and space available, you may want a larger sub and/or more features, but I found set it and forget it more than adequate (well, maybe a touch now and then).

You will be blown away, literally. You can raise the bass volume so that items fall off shelves without experiencing distortion, but you won't need to. I'm passionate about sound

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page