Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Surveillance
 Can't connect/view Camera remotely on web browser
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wingman61
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2018 :  4:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I recently installed a new (my first) Insteon HD camera. After a lot of fiddling around and help from Mobilinc, I�m finally able to view the camera feed while away from home, but only via Mobilinc. Problem is, I�d like to also monitor using my office desktop computer via a browser.

As far as I can tell, all the necessary configs have been done (proven by the fact that I can view the camera remotely on Mobilinc). I can also connect to the camera fine using a computer and the Insteon IP camera browser, but only if I'm connected locally via wifi. However, when I try to connect remotely, and although I can �successfully� get to the camera�s login page, I then enter my user credentials expecting the camera feed to come up afterwards and, instead, I see it loading for some time and eventually it times out.

Any one have ideas as to what I�m doing wrong?

B. Galbraith

Autonow
Average Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2018 :  3:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Autonow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to set up a port forward rule in your router. Do you have a static ip? If not you may need a ddns service.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page