Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 No image from camera
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ktm250rider
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2018 :  12:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 cameras connected to my Hub (2014). The cameras are 2864-226 in the kitchen and 75790 in the garage. Both connected wirelessly to my home network. I have the insteon app running on my android. I can view the image from the garage camera but i get a P2P timeout error when trying to view the kitchen camera.
I can connect remotely and edit both camera settings. The one difference i see is that the garage P2P port is set to 0 while the kitchen is 59883. Both cameras work without issue while on my home network.

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2018 :  8:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no 2014 Hub. The year you bought it does not define which Hub it is.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5836 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  03:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the part number tag on the HUB.
It is either the 2242-222 or 2245-222.
I vaguely remember the 2245-222 was referenced as the 2014 HUB. At one time.
Go to Top of Page

ktm250rider
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  10:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah i got the 2014 from the "identify your insteon hub version" webpage. I should have used the model number listed but when i compared the data from my phone i saw 2014 as common info. Im not home but im pretty sure i have the 2245-222. insteon app shows Hub2, version 1014.
So i must apologize i was doing this all from memory. The camera that i cant connect remotely is a Foscam F19821W. The port data and settings are correct.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10643 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  11:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect thatís the problem. The Insteon cameras have a firmware feature that the Hub leverages to set up port forwarding automatically, whereas the Foscam units donít.
Go to Top of Page

ktm250rider
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  12:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought i had my port forwarding setup correctly but I will give it another look. would it have anything to do with the router or should i just be looking at the camera settings. My router and camera show the same IP and port.
Go to Top of Page

oberkc

USA
3749 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  4:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't use the hub, but my impression is that is only is advertised for use with the insteon cameras. Hopefully, I am wrong.
Go to Top of Page

ktm250rider
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  08:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems odd that i can connect to the camera will on my network through the hub, and i can make changes to the camera remotely through the hub, but not see any images.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10643 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  09:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you are at home, the app connects to your camera by going to http://[your cameraís LAN IP]:[your cameraís port].

When your phone isnít connected to your home WiFi, the app is trying to connect to the camera at http://[your WAN ip]:[your cameraís port].

With INSTEON cameras, the hub sets up port forwarding in your router and automatically handles LAN and WAN address changes. If you use one of the semi-compatible, different model FOSCAM cameras, youíd need to set the cameraís LAN IP address reservation in your router (so it gets the same LAN address after a power or router reset), and port forwarding rule (using the identical internal and external port) manually.
Go to Top of Page

stusviews
Advanced Member

USA
15854 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  12:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit stusviews's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a note: Identical refers to LAN and WAN for the same camera. The ports (LAN and WAN) should be different for different cameras, but the same for the same camera.

Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.
Go to Top of Page

ktm250rider
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  05:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, i reinstalled the foscam camera and all is working. I used a new IP address and Port. Not sure why it didnt work the first time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page