Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Speakers, A/V & Home Theater
 EV speakers problem - HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevinmanuel
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  03:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI,

Anyone here have a problem with them. I have 2 sets of them in 2 identical 2x12 cabs and the first set started to give a buzzing noise when playing a bassier note. I thought I may have blown them cuz i dimed a Marshall through them, but now the second set I'm starting to notince it and I never played as nearly as that loud out of them yet. They are 200 watters each so i figured diming a Marshall would be alright, but now im thinking it's something else, but then again Joe cranks his amps out of them night after night so is it just me? I am pretty positive its the speakers cuz both of my amps do it on both dirty and clean channels - especially on the first set. I'm totally confused. Its a shame cuz I really like these speakers a lot, they are expensive and I haven't even had them that long. The amps I'm using are a Mesa Lonestar and Fuchs ODS, both are heads. Any help would be great.

Edited by - kevinmanuel on 04/02/2018 03:29:32 AM

BLH
Advanced Member

6274 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  09:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What manufacturer and model number of the speakers and amps?
Go to Top of Page

jamescobb
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2018 :  6:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jamescobb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect it might be a faulty cable somewhere in your line. Have you try checking it? Maybe swapping them to isolate can help a bit. Or try different guitar or different cab, etc...

Maybe, it might be just a faulty speaker or chain or cabinet that you got... a good isolation can help narrow down this issue.
Go to Top of Page

Blanda
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2020 :  10:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I would have seen your reply earlier, my fault. I swear I was checking every day, I must be blind. I returned the speakers in April, I was almost at the end of my thirty day window to return. Plus, their tech support never called me back.

I did try (on my own), moving the wires and cables. I also tried the speakers with out the UPS in the loop. I should have thought to try another source but I didn't. I wish I would have tried your item 1), shorting out the wires (that makes alot of sense to me).

I've already replaced the speakers with some Logitech x-540 speakers. The price was right and it comes with a two year warranty. But the EVSonics (when new) were definitely better, like the difference between a cheap boombox and a decent stereo. If I run across them again (at a lower price), I might give them another shot. What with my current experience and only a 90 warranty (when they don't return calls); it would have to be a much lower price. If I do stumble across them again, I might rewire them. The exterior wires seemed awfully small and flimsy to me. The wires on the X-540 are much more substantial.

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry I didn't find it earlier, time to get my eyes checked.

Edited by - Blanda on 12/21/2020 10:16:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

paulag
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  11:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a ground loop. You can google solutions but it could be an issue with your houses actual wiring. Go on Amazon and search for Ground Loop Isolator. I've gone down this path before, spend a few bucks and be done with it.

Edited by - paulag on 02/18/2021 8:15:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2020 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page