Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 First Alert SCO500B (SCO500 series)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnjces
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  10:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may have been bantered around to death but I couldn't find anything specific to the compatibility of the First Alert OneLink SCO500B battery powered smoke and CO alarms and the Insteon Smoke Bridge.

SmartHome only lists the First Alert combo alarm SCO501CN-3ST as being compatible.

From what I can determine, they are all in the same SCO500 family and "should" be compatible.

Anyone know for certain?

Thanks

John J

lilyoyo1

244 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smarthome is probably linking to the products that they sell. If the ones you're looking at talks to what's on their page you may be alright.
Go to Top of Page

EVIL Teken
Advanced Member

Canada
2358 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  1:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnjces

This may have been bantered around to death but I couldn't find anything specific to the compatibility of the First Alert OneLink SCO500B battery powered smoke and CO alarms and the Insteon Smoke Bridge.

SmartHome only lists the First Alert combo alarm SCO501CN-3ST as being compatible.

From what I can determine, they are all in the same SCO500 family and "should" be compatible.

Anyone know for certain?

Thanks

So long as they are *One Link* compatible you will be OK. It should be noted you should purchase only the new units which offer 7 years of service life. As there are lots of NOS (New Old Stock) floating around which have a internal usable life of 5 years.

You may also consider spending the extra money on the talking version because knowing where the fire / co is is helpful when there is such a condition.

As an aside the First Alert company does indeed make a smoke & co detector that has a usable service life of 10 years! Why such technology isn't incorporated into the talking version is beyond me!

Never mind the talking version is NOT sold in Canada! I guess they believe Canadian's are too stupid to understand a robot voice in English?!?!?

Teken . . .

Want to make a real difference? Cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list/8221-plm-pro

Stusviews: This world is made less with out your presence. Your contributions in all things has helped inspire millions to succeed. You were a husband, teacher, mentor, a friend to all.

I will forever miss our chats, debates, and collaboration. I will not remember how you died but remember how you lived and what you left behind. The sky has another star in the Heavens where you reside but the Earth is much darker with out your light to lead the way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page