Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 How to set all on / off on 2411R remote control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lehmbar
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  6:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need help in programming the buttons on remote control to turn off or turn on all devices by pressing these buttons.I have 8 wall dimmers and 2 plug in modules .I have 2411r module plus remote.

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10575 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2018 :  9:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You program the IRLinc one button and one device at a time. Learn the IR code, link the first responder. Learn the same IR code again, link the second responder. Repeat for as many responder modules as you want for that IR code.

Volunteer Moderator & Home Automation Enthusiast
Go to Top of Page

lehmbar
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2018 :  2:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have programmed all buttons A-H for all the dimmers and they all work good .My question is concerning the ALL ON/OFF buttons .How do make all lights or some group of lights to turn off or all on to with these two buttons.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10575 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2018 :  3:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those buttons donít have any function anymore.

Used to be that they would control all linked responders at once, but having one button turn everything on or off had too many unintended consequences in larger installations. They removed the feature from modules a while back.

Go to Top of Page

lehmbar
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2018 :  8:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when I press all off or all on my bedroom light plugged into wall modules only turns on or off .I really find useful of this device because I have learned all the function from this remote and have added this device into my JP1 remote with one of those NEXT GENERATION REMOTE EXTENDER to be able to control my lights from RCRP05B universal remote.Did the all on/off button automatically turned off or on all devices or you had to program in order to turn certain group of lights.
Go to Top of Page

Tfitzpatri8
Administrator

USA
10575 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2018 :  9:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only INSTEON devices old enough to support the allon/all off feature, and only if they were linked as responders to an IR code on the IRLinc.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page